Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 10:06 PM

Re: Nurses leaving the NHS.

Just a question....do you have many male nurses in the UK?

Quite a few men have gone into nursing here in Canada and the male patients do feel more comfortable with them.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 10:08 PM

When I was expecting my first child I remember how unfeeling the nurses were !
They seemed more interested in throwing their weight around and talking down to the patients .
Dont keep doctor waiting I remember one old bag saying ( I had been waiting for ages for him)
I dont know about respect many of them were horribly bossy .
People just don't take that today.
Respect works both ways.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 10:22 PM

Respect does work both ways, why did you not try it?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 10:35 PM

Have you ever wondered why you are single?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 10:39 PM

I never did find anyone with your incredible intellect.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

17-01-2018, 10:42 PM

That would be difficult With your limited one .
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 10:47 PM

ouch! is there a nurse around?
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 11:24 PM

We have one particular friend who is a nurse, university trained. This friend now works on the mobile blood unit and she is very well paid. This friend spends a lot of time off work sick, and often at such times goes to her apartment in the Canary Isles. Her husband finished work over 20 years ago, retired on ill health, he damaged a knee, it never stopped him playing football though. The last few years they bought land for the eldest daughter, who now runs her own riding school on this land, which also has had stables etc built on it. They also bought premises for the youngest daughter to open her own hairdressing salon. They have two new 4x4 vehicles every two years, they've also had a huge extension built onto their house, you name it, they have it. They are nice people, we have been friends for many years, but, our nurse friend is most certainly not overworked or underpaid. Perhaps she got the right job at the right time.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top