Join for free
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 12:00 PM

Downside of chihuahua owning lol

Only time of year I wonder why I love chihuahuas so much, slightest moisture on the ground and she puts a paw tentatively on the floor whips it back up looking quite appalled, I'm not expecting her to walk on that am I ?

Heaven forfend it should actually rain, anyone would think she was being doused in acid !

Cold oh no she's not happy at all, takes longer to get her dressed for the weather than getting grace out the door for school and that takes long enough

Blanket on the sofa that she can burrow under, heating on and she's happy.

I think chihuahuas would hibernate given a chance
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 12:01 PM

Re: Downside of chihuahua owning lol

Our ponies were like that, no way would they cross a puddle of water, not even for a sugar lump
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 12:04 PM

I have cats like that - won't set a paw out of doors until Spring - and only then if it is warm and dry!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Our ponies were like that, no way would they cross a puddle of water, not even for a sugar lump
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 07:57 PM

That say it all, Surfermom !
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Only time of year I wonder why I love chihuahuas so much, slightest moisture on the ground and she puts a paw tentatively on the floor whips it back up looking quite appalled, I'm not expecting her to walk on that am I ?

Heaven forfend it should actually rain, anyone would think she was being doused in acid !

Cold oh no she's not happy at all, takes longer to get her dressed for the weather than getting grace out the door for school and that takes long enough

I'll join her!

Our Rollie would not go out in the rain at all - we had to 'assist' him out the door to go potty!
But we couldn't keep him out of the snow!
Silly boy!
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2018, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->

Lol. Sounds like my Gracie! A fawn- coloured Chihuahua.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2018, 02:24 PM

Made me laugh, Julie. I put Holly’s towel on the hall rad so as soon as we come in from the wet I throw it down for her, get coat and shoes off, then dry her. She doesn’t like it when it’s very cold, or windy. She isn’t too keen on the rain either, and will sit down every few yards, meaning her bum gets damp. She has a coat and occasionally fights me. She bites the front bit that fastens under her neck so I have to wrestle it out of her mouth. What fun.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top