Join for free
Page 6 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 03:21 PM

Re: The Tarot thread

The seven of cups ...
Thank you, Ffosse - as someone who regards herself as fairly down to earth and practical, this has given me food for thought.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 06:08 PM

Its funny but since having my card I've not stopped thinking about it so much of it seems relevant to me or perhaps its my interpretation. Really interesting though
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2018, 04:39 PM

Today's card: The Knight of Wands

He is shewn as if upon a journey, armed with a short wand, and although mailed is not on a warlike errand. He is passing mounds or pyramids. The motion of the horse is a key to the character of its rider, and suggests the precipitate mood, or things connected therewith.

Divinatory Meanings:
Departure, absence, flight, emigration. A dark young man, friendly. Change of residence.

Reversed: Rupture, division, interruption, discord.

Additional meanings:
A bad card; according to some readings, alienation.

Reversed: For a woman, marriage, but probably frustrated.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 11:46 AM

Today's Tarot: The Tower

The Tower is evidently a card indicating disaster. The picture shows that clearly. But what leads to the disaster?

One legendary tower explains it - that of Babel, surely inspiring both the image and the meaning of the Tarot Tower card. Babel was built to reach heaven. This megalomania angered God, who crushed the tower completely - and made people strangers to one another, so that they would never be able to get together and repeat the feat.

The flash from the dark sky on the Tower card image is God's anger, and the people who fall from its height are punished for their hubris, comparing themselves to God by wanting to reach his abode. The crown thrown off the top of the tower is the symbol of utter human vanity. Great plans invite great failures. If the plans are too great, failure is certain. We invite it by aiming far too high.

On the other hand, what's the point of being human if not pushing the limits, aiming as high as we can ever imagine? If we never did, we would still be running from sabre toothed tigers somewhere in the wilderness. Our fantasy compels us to pursue our dreams. Sometimes it leads to disaster, as shown by the Tower Tarot card, but sometimes to wonderful success. So, how can we stop ourselves?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 01:14 PM

Oh dear, that is NOT a good card.
The Tower of destruction - Maybe an indication of some trying to cause upset.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 02:17 PM

Could I have one Fosse ?
Smile
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Could I have one Fosse ?
Smile
Dreamy is offline. Can I get you on?
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Dreamy is offline. Can I get you on?
Yes please.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

22-01-2018, 02:26 PM

You have to decide on the best judgment today.
Who is right and who is wrong. It is difficult for you to make this choice, as in your heart you feel one thing, and yet in your head, you feel another. Think carefully. As your decision cannot be undone.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

22-01-2018, 02:37 PM

Ah righty ho .
Thing is, I haven"t any things I have to ponder today.

Page 6 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top