Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 08:13 AM

Daftest idea yet! ("Boris Bridge)

Boris Johnson has come up with some stupid things in his time - but this has to be daftest! A bridge across the Channel to france?? No way, Boris!!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 10:12 AM

Re: Daftest idea yet! ("Boris Bridge)

We have HS2, we had the Garden Bridge and now the "Boris Bridge"

"The Channel is really a river whose tributaries used to be the Seine and the Thames."

We must have an endless pot of l'argent....

https://news.sky.com/story/boris-joh...ummit-11212918
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 10:15 AM

Good idea, then we could push the fool off it!
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 10:17 AM

Now on top of all this our dear Boris is suggesting building a road bridge across the channel ! I have always thought he would be better helping trump.
At least I doubt that the length of time things like this take none of US will be around to witness it
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 10:19 AM

upps sorry just posted about this on the Macron thread , dont know if it can be moved
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 10:38 AM

Yet more buffoonery from the master of the genre...
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 11:10 AM

Why is man not allowed to voice his thoughts without it creating widespread disapproval. Is it the cost some people on here don't like? Is it perhaps because they don't think it can be done and not practical, or is it because they just have an illogical dislike of the Foreign Secretary, based on the opinion of some second rate media sources?

The proposal, which is what it is certainly has some merit.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 11:12 AM

Perfectly logical to dislike Boris in my opinion.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 11:19 AM

He can of course have whatever opinion he wants but I am not keen on vanity projects when we are still seeing people suffering from benefit cuts. Let's get priorities right, it's people that matter in this world not some vanity project for any politician.
Norway
i

19-01-2018, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Why is man not allowed to voice his thoughts without it creating widespread disapproval. Is it the cost some people on here don't like? Is it perhaps because they don't think it can be done and not practical, or is it because they just have an illogical dislike of the Foreign Secretary, based on the opinion of some second rate media sources?

The proposal, which is what it is certainly has some merit.
It would be ok if his thoughts were constructive or of a viable nature, but to suggest or even think of a bridge across the channel is even more ludicrous than trumps wall, about as ridiculous as a stairway to the moon .
Come on Boris try doing the job you were given and keep your dreams to yourself

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top