Join for free
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 01:17 PM

Tom Petty's death ruled an "accidental overdose"

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...erdose-w515472
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 02:26 PM

Re: Tom Petty's death ruled an "accidental overdose"

Hi

I cannot understand an accidental overdose of prescription drugs.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 02:33 PM

I can swim, take a sleeping pill wake up befuddled can't remember taking it, pain killers two haven't helped two more can't hurt .... It's fairly easy to over dose really.

It can be accumulative too take two too many each day by end of the month ........

Far too easy.

Poor man it's a sad death whatever happened.
Questor
Kent, UK
Questor is female  Questor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 02:55 PM

All too easy to do for the reasons Julie stated.. I now use daily compartments done up for the week.

I've lost count of the times I've wondered if I'd taken paracetamol already and gone without knowing that it would not be good if I duplicated a dose - and that isn't even a prescription drug. I now try to remember to make a note on the packet of the day and time I take any.

Looks like Tom increased his pain meds when his hip got worse, but when you are taking drugs for multiple issues it's really better to run this by the doctor first. In the UK, we can check with the pharmacist.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 02:58 PM

As a former addict, Petty shouldn't have been taking fentanyl at all; that, plus the benzos in his system and his weakened lungs did for him.

Of course he shouldn't have been touring with a broken (same as fractured) hip.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Questor ->
All too easy to do for the reasons Julie stated.. I now use daily compartments done up for the week.

I've lost count of the times I've wondered if I'd taken paracetamol already and gone without knowing that it would not be good if I duplicated a dose - and that isn't even a prescription drug. I now try to remember to make a note on the packet of the day and time I take any.

Looks like Tom increased his pain meds when his hip got worse, but when you are taking drugs for multiple issues it's really better to run this by the doctor first. In the UK, we can check with the pharmacist.
Hi

I also do the same, daily compartmented prescription drugs.

I also self medicate with some very strong prescription drugs, injected when the need arises, luckily not very often.

It is not rocket science to keep the hypo out to see when you have last taken it.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 03:50 PM

What a terribly sad death. My son and his wife, long time fans, saw him in the summer at a concert in Hyde Park. To think he had undertook such a gruelling tour despite all of his medical problems is unbelievable. No doubt he was in terrible pain for a long time. He had said it was to be his last tour now that he was a grandfather. How sad.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 03:57 PM

Yes it is very sad,but why oh why didn't He get into hospital to have His bad hip repaired/replaced?..He may well be alive today if He had.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 04:04 PM

Poor guy was obviously in a lot of pain from various ailments so took more than the recommended dose of painkillers.
As a stage performer with a tour to complete he must have thought that would see him through. Sadly it was not to be.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top