Join for free
Page 7 of 48 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 11:41 PM

Re: France is right to ban the Burkini

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Yeah - but I can see the 'bad people'. They stand out like huge sore thumbs to me - but to people like you they are but wolves in sheeps clothing - all snugly like and loving.

Sure annoys the hell out of me this attitude many have become brainwashed with. I blame it all on the arts, entertainment and media mainly but I also wonder what the hell they teach people in Unis and Colleges these days - and who is behind it all I wonder?

I reckon we have been made to be this way: compliant and accepting to an nth degree. So far gone now that nothing anyone does causes much more than a ripple of concern. Always shifting the blame. It is like a mental illness on a grandiose scale. And all I can do is watch and wait.

Still, without all this turmoil what would energise me? A positive amongst so much negative .
You stay energised and annoyed.
I'm rapidly joining you ... I get annoyed at some women who let down other women because they conveniently forget they enjoy the benefit of Western women's equality and rights.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
I'd personally ask nothing of the sort of any woman.
However, I stand by my statement inasmuch that I think she was trying it on and seeing what she could get away with.

The French imposed this law not me. What she was wearing was close to the mark in relation to the ban, so she should not have gone to the beach dressed like it. However, she took her chances and did, and as such has to accept the consequences.
I missed this
I'm shocked by your attitude

So if a nun or an orthodox Jewish man, or a Sikh guy with a turban wore bodily covers on that beach..
Would they be deemed 'close to the mark'?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Indy's better!!

Here's an interesting fact before I go to bed...did you know that **s are banned on some forums?
I've gotta ask ... what is or are **s?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

ASTERISKS.

The use of them is banned because they are naughty and might upset people.

So...if you think it's bullshit then say so and don't fanny around posting B******* which is considered offensive, see?

Not here...over there!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 11:44 PM

Sorry .. is there something wrong with the Telegraph?
There's only one thing wrong with the Telegraph in my opinion, and it is because it's a broadsheet. I just cannot manage to handle broadsheets: they're far too big and floppy.

(Oh no! Have I started yet more smut?)
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
So if a nun or an orthodox Jewish man, or a Sikh guy with a turban wore bodily covers on that beach..
You've just raised a very important question there, Rhian.

How do Sikhs go swimming? Do they wear some sort of waterproof cover over their turbines? Serious question, actually.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 11:48 PM

I missed this

Feel free to be as shocked as you like - I really could not care less.

I've said my bit, twist it and turn it how you like to suit.
I've already said I'm on the fence with this and don't necessarily think it was a good move.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

I missed this

You keep missing the point don't you.
Bit sad but never mind.
It's a bit like telling a kid not to go too close to the barbecue ... and you'd probably tell him it would be because he's ruin his nice clothes. .. instead of telling him he'd get burnt.
Sometimes you have to look beyond the obvious and look down the road a little.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
ASTERISKS.
No, that can't be right. Asterisks would come out as:

********s
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You've just raised a very important question there, Rhian.

How do Sikhs go swimming? Do they wear some sort of waterproof cover over their turbines? Serious question, actually.
How do they wear crash helmets whilst riding motorbikes?

They don't, they're exempt.

Strange but true.

Page 7 of 48 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top