Join for free
Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 06:05 AM

Re: Do you take any vitamins or supplements?

If I feel a cold coming on I take vitamin C effervescence tablets for a few days. I take no other vitamins or supplements.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Funny you say that tootsweet, I did stop taking my glucosamine/chondroitin capsules a little while ago as an experiment to see if I felt any different. It took about 3 weeks for my arthritic pains to return. So I stay on it now, because for me, I know it works.
Forgot - I take Glucosamine too - not noticed a difference although it doesn't contain chondroitin - so many things affect my tummy that's the problem for me
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I think we should all go on holiday together
What a wonderful idea. If we take Artangel though, some of us won't need return tickets because there will be plenty of pillows where we stay.
Questor
Kent, UK
Questor is female  Questor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 12:06 PM

"glucosamine/chondroitin capsules"

Great, another one to try! I must admit to falling for the hype but we do chop and change over the years - I'll give this one a go now and will be very happy if it does something for my aches and pains.

We take a few, let's see if I can remember. Co-enzyme Q10 (to counteract certain statin side-effects); odourless garlic; calcium & vit D in winter; and hubs takes multivits. We eat low carb mediterranean so don't really need fish oils. Must have another appraisal to see if there's something to be ditched this year ... probably the garlic can go as I use it nearly every day anyway.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 12:31 PM

Glucosamine/chondroitin is a long term thing. Don't expect miracles overnight
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Have you tried fresh vegetable juices? (Has to be home-made fresh because the enzymes will still be active).

Also, Epsom salt baths? I'm sure you know magnesium deficiency is linked to heart disease, and Epsom salts (magnesium sulphate) in a hot bath is great because your skin absorbs magnesium more efficiently than you could orally
Thanks Azz,I didn't know that about Magnesium absorption, I'll give it a go.
For the 'Fresh Vegetable Juice' do you just put it in a blender and give it what for?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 12:47 PM

I use a Nutri juicer every day which gives Me ALL the nutrients of the veg/fruit..no waste..5 a day in one go..not everyones cup o' tea I know.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 04:55 PM

we eat healthily. I cook from scratch and we eat plenty of fruit, veg, salad etc so all we take is a Daily probiotic which we've been doing for about 3 years now and we've never had a cough or cold in all that time despite mixing people who are always ill with something like that.

I swear by Probiotics and I buy mine online as they are super strength.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Azz,I didn't know that about Magnesium absorption, I'll give it a go.
For the 'Fresh Vegetable Juice' do you just put it in a blender and give it what for?
Blenders are not great tbh (because of oxidation) so I would recommend a proper juicer. If you can, get a masticating juicer - because juice made with these is not as prone to oxidation.

Re the Epsom salt baths - it should be just for your soak (so soaps/shampoos etc are not allowed because your skin pores will be wide open).
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 07:59 PM

I suffered from malnutrition last year so wasn't getting the benefit of the vitamins from my food, and so after being diagnosed coeliac I was advised to take a multi vitamin, daily. I also take glucosamine daily and eat plenty of fruit and veg but still get really exhausted at times.
I added a folic acid tablet alternated with an iron tablet just to try and keep on top of things.

Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top