Join for free
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 06:15 PM

Talking Pictures

For those who are interested, there's a Freeview channel (81) which I've only just discovered. It features old TV series' from the 50s and 60s as well as old films.

Last night I watched Scotland Yard voiced by Edgar Lustgarten which didn't half take me back to my childhood. It's on every night so I shall be watching that

The first ever episode of Human Jungle (first broadcast 1963) is on tonight as well (6:25) with Herbert Lom playing the part of Dr. Roger Corda. Some well known faces in early roles also star in the series.

Will set the recorder to record Corda
Goldcrest
Scotland
Goldcrest is female  Goldcrest has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 03:51 PM

Re: Talking Pictures

Yes, I'm well and truly hooked on Talking Picures. I record Human Jungle every day to watch later, nowhere near caught up though.

I enjoyed one of the Paul Temple films, starring the beautiful Dinah Sheridan, the other day. It was so interesting as I'm a big fan of the Paul Temple radio series.

Ah the nostalgia of this channel. It's perfect for the coming winter
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 04:34 PM

A couple of classic Laurel and Hardy films been on recently - Sons of the Desert and one of my favourites Pack up Your Trouble.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 04:46 PM

Ah yes, we have just started watching that channel, all the old black & white films and documentaries.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 07:22 PM

Someone tipped me off on here about talking pictures and we sometimes watch the old films. They are great - easy to follow, no loud background noise and no mumbling.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 07:51 PM

Oh how I remember Christmas times when all the neighbours came to watch the Christmas message around a little about 9" black and white TV we had. Only one in the road with one.
Childrens TV on for around half an hour with Muffin the mule.

Got Litttle older and the cinema had the main film - Pathe news -and a B movie
Harold Lloyd was a distant relative of ours, the silent movie actor
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 07:54 PM

I will have to give that a try Judd

The first wife of a boss I had years ago was Edgar Lustgarten's private secretary
Yolande
London, UK
Yolande is female  Yolande has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 08:05 PM

The only problem with Talking Pictures TV is that the signal is very erratic and affected by weather conditions.
On fine days a perfect signal but heavy rain, winds etc no signal and no TPTV.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Yolande ->
The only problem with Talking Pictures TV is that the signal is very erratic and affected by weather conditions.
On fine days a perfect signal but heavy rain, winds etc no signal and no TPTV.
We never have any problems no matter the weather Yolande. The wife and me have been watching Talking Pictures for a couple of years now and the output is right up our alley. I have the satellite dish well fastened to the concrete shed in the back and the reception is always perfect.

I'm a great fan of the Paul Temple audio meself Goldcrest, have the whole series all on hard drive.
Yolande
London, UK
Yolande is female  Yolande has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 10:37 AM

That must be because you have a dish Jem, I just have an aerial and now it's winter rarely get a TPTV signal, maybe once a fortnight if I'm lucky.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top