Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 11:57 AM

Re: Macron

Macron, IMO has been sent as the errand boy in disguise.

The fact that his final blow was to tell Mrs May that the city (London) will get less access to Europe than now, if UK leaves single market, is a bit like holding a pistol to ones head.

Dirty threats (again) but he surely hasn't been in position long enough to make such projected forecasts. So to me it's straight out of the mouth of Brussels via the new French postal system.

Why hasn't France, kept on top of the migrant situation in Calais ? The authorities cleared them out and left it ready for more to return. They know exactly what they do, and apparently also think WE should be paying some sort of compensation towards the town of Calais.

I agree with JBR on the voting sketch. No point in voting for nothing .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by puddle duck ->
macron, imo has been sent as the errand boy in disguise.

The fact that his final blow was to tell mrs may that the city (london) will get less access to europe than now, if uk leaves single market, is a bit like holding a pistol to ones head.

Dirty threats (again) but he surely hasn't been in position long enough to make such projected forecasts. So to me it's straight out of the mouth of brussels via the new french postal system.

Why hasn't france, kept on top of the migrant situation in calais ? The authorities cleared them out and left it ready for more to return. They know exactly what they do, and apparently also think we should be paying some sort of compensation towards the town of calais.

I agree with jbr on the voting sketch. No point in voting for nothing .

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 12:28 PM

I may have this very wrong so correct me if I have, but the deal between us and France is just that between us, the Eu had nothing to do with it.

If that's so what has been suggested seems fair, if we have our customs on their side of the channel we need to pay for it.

If the Eu has open borders we have to protect ourselves.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I may have this very wrong so correct me if I have, but the deal between us and France is just that between us, the Eu had nothing to do with it.

If that's so what has been suggested seems fair, if we have our customs on their side of the channel we need to pay for it.

That would be great if the Frogs stopped the locusts coming here. Unfortunately, they just give a Gallic shrug and quietly wave them through. Do you really think they'll do anything differently once they've received our £45 million?

It may be a deal between us and France, but we must remember that France is Germany's little poodle, imagining that they are a great country but little realising that they are just playing Germany's tune.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 12:39 PM

I don't like dehumanising language they are humans. Now whether they should be here or not is debatable. If they are asylum seekers I'd say take them but economic migrants must go back. If genuinely threatened with torture or death we must help people.

Christians around the world are most vulnerable at the moment, some Muslims too, atheists threatened with death and torture. The girls threatened with fgm. There are many need our help.

We have a proud heritage of helping. It's sad we even have to argue about it these days.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 12:40 PM

Yes but he is blackmailing us and we all know that paying the ransom doesn't stop blackmail. What else might he demand in the future? Another £50M for Africa? I thought we didn't have any money anyway.

We should either protect ourselves on this side of the tunnel or brick it up.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

19-01-2018, 12:42 PM

I don't like dehumanising language they are humans. Now whether they should be here or not is debatable. If they are asylum seekers I'd say take them but economic migrants must go back. If genuinely threatened with torture or death we must help people.

Christians around the world are most vulnerable at the moment, some Muslims too, atheists threatened with death and torture. The girls threatened with fgm. There are many need our help.

We have a proud heritage of helping. It's sad we even have to argue about it these days.
To the detriment of our own country, elderly, NHS, housing, schools etc?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

19-01-2018, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
To the detriment of our own country, elderly, NHS, housing, schools etc?
That's not asylum seekers fault really I blame eu migration and bad planning by our governments. We've had at least 40 years of no one looking forward.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

19-01-2018, 12:50 PM

That's not asylum seekers fault really I blame eu migration and bad planning by our governments. We've had at least 40 years of no one looking forward.
I agree, that's why we need to look forward now. If and when Britain disappears down the plug hole, the asylum seekers will just start on another country. We, however will be finished.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 01:01 PM

In all honesty, I do believe that the Government is pretty wise to any devious or dubious suggestions coming out of any of the EU countries. They understand the games being played out, because we are usually better at it than they are.

For us to be taking migrants that France should be returning to the countries of origin, is quite ridiculous, but as Julie mentions , refugees are a different matter altogether and I suspect there could be a lot more.
Even now , I have not heard of any attempt by the EU to help Italy, Greece or any southern EU country with the problem of the migrants . It's as if they are expecting these African countries to empty out into the Medi, on their passage to Europe for a reason we do not know.
I doubt they will be from Syria and Iraq now as they don't seem to be able to get any further than Turkey and Jordan . Contained within the camps and no further but if Turkey decides to open the flood gates, due to another rising issue on Syrian soil with the Kurds enclave and USA support against Turkey it could be disastrous, if the threats coming through are to be taken seriously.

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top