Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2014, 03:25 PM

Re: Sunday Night at the Palladium

Originally Posted by basser ->
Sunday night....Steptoe and Son.. Sunday night at the London Palladium,
Mystery and Imagination and then straight to bed and have nightmares.
Herbert Lom in the psychiatrist drama used to have that affect on me - it was the music mainly - very scary
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2014, 05:49 PM

I remember all those that have been mentioned. Just hope Bruce don't compare the show. I can't stand him.
We need someone like Vernon Kay who compares family fortunes. A real nice guy.
Britains Got Talent is another good all rounder which shows all different acts.
Clementy
London, UK
Clementy is female 

02-09-2014, 06:22 PM

I used to enjoy the Generation Game, lots of laughter. I do remember Sunday Night at the Palladium and The Rolling Stones refusing to go on the revolving stage at the finale.

I don't think Bruce is up to it any longer really, someone younger could give it a fresh life
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2014, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Clementy ->
I used to enjoy the Generation Game, lots of laughter. I do remember Sunday Night at the Palladium and The Rolling Stones refusing to go on the revolving stage at the finale.
The Generation Game - another favourite, that's coming back too - not sure about the presenter though - Miranda Hart - have to see on that one
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

02-09-2014, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by maursey ->
I remember all those that have been mentioned. Just hope Bruce don't compare the show. I can't stand him.
We need someone like Vernon Kay who compares family fortunes. A real nice guy.
Britains Got Talent is another good all rounder which shows all different acts.
Its Stephen Mulhern - not sure, will have to see on that too He's pleasant enough ......
Clementy
London, UK
Clementy is female 

02-09-2014, 06:32 PM

Miranda Hart as in the show Miranda? Yes will have to see how well she does. Nice that it's coming back though, it was a fun show.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

02-09-2014, 06:35 PM

Miranda Hart as in the show Miranda? Yes will have to see how well she does. Nice that it's coming back though, it was a fun show.
Hope its as good as it was - I hate being disappointed
And yes - that Miranda Hart
Clementy
London, UK
Clementy is female 

02-09-2014, 06:38 PM

Yes, I hope it isn't too modern

Saturday Nights used to be something to look forward to didn't they. A time for the whole family to sit down and watch together. Of course Morcombe and Wise, Cilla Black Show, oh and Val Doonigan.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

02-09-2014, 06:40 PM

Yes, I hope it isn't too modern

Saturday Nights used to be something to look forward to didn't they. A time for the whole family to sit down and watch together. Of course Morcombe and Wise, Cilla Black Show, oh and Val Doonigan.
Oh - yer list is 'Heaven' to me ! Such good entertainment, now, most nights - I want to top meself
Val Doonican - FAB !!
Clementy
London, UK
Clementy is female 

02-09-2014, 06:48 PM

The sad thing is as I became a mid teenager, it wasn't considered cool to watch the same programmes our parents did. Rather a shame, I'd certainly watch them all again now. They feel reassuring and gentle in this day and age. No smut or bad language. Pure entertainment. I do remember Val and his rocking chair.

I despair at most of the reality programmes now showing. Although must confess I like Come Dine With Me. But none of the others

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top