Join for free
Page 154 of 1676 « First < 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 204 254 654 1154 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 10:28 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Here's an interesting bit of news I came across for tipplers. I was always told that every time I drank a pint I massacred several hundred thousand brain cells.
The average brain has 100 Billion cells. how many cells does one pint of beer kill off? The answer is none. Even if you had 10 pints it does not kill a single cell.

“Even in alcoholics, alcohol use doesn't actually result in the death of brain cells. It can, however, damage the ends of neurons, which are called dendrites. This results in problems conveying messages between the neurons. The cell itself isn't damaged, but the way that it communicates with others is altered”

A few problems conveying messages, no bother so, just like the Post Office and we’ve been putting up with that for decades. Another media fuelled myth bites the dust, cheers lads!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 11:03 PM

:

from YES MINISTER

Don't tell me about the Press. I know *exactly* who reads the papers. The Daily Mirror is read by the people who think they run the country. The Guardian is read by people who think they *ought* to run the country. The Times is read by the people who actually *do* run the country. The Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country. The Financial Times is read by people who *own* the country. The Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by *another* country. The Daily Telegraph is read by the people who think it is.
Sir Humphrey: Prime Minister, what about the people who read The Sun?
Bernard Woolley: Sun readers don't care *who* runs the country - as long as she's got big tits.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2016, 08:06 AM

That cheap kitchen chappie has been at it again, in the DIY section this time, four sites today, what is interesting is the four locations have had a differing number of views @ 7.00am Bracknell Forest had 15, Slough 9, Sevenoaks 13 and Conway 11, why is there more interest in Berk Shire?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2016, 02:20 PM

Everyone’s getting sick of him Spitty, someone should tell him to get out of that kitchen and start flogging those pots and pans.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

30-12-2016, 02:58 PM

I like that about the papers RJ. Maybe if we had women with big breasts running the countries of the world there would be less wars.

Dear computer expert
I’m in a bit of a jam here, it says I’m to attach my thumbnails but they keep sliding down the screen, should I try superglue or would that damage the screen? Also as I’m down to the quick on my thumbs will toenails do?

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again
Computer talk is not for old men
Booklets are issued and carefully read
But I still can’t understand a word that is said
Go to this, click and then open your app
Move your finger and give a light tap
Don’t open that, you never know what’s lurking
Check under the desk to see if the modern is working
Block off that link ‘cos you don’t want that
There’s even a cable they call a cat
And boot up is not a kick up the bum
It’s when the machine starts to hum
Then there’s the thing they call the freeze
When your laptop just stops and is brought to it’s knees
All this stuff is driving me potty
So I’ll just sit still and say please, beam me up Scotty.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2016, 09:03 PM

Nice one Jimmy..

I spy with my little eye GUMBUD...not!
where is the boy?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

30-12-2016, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Nice one Jimmy..

I spy with my little eye GUMBUD...not!
where is the boy?
Yes Gumbud is sadly missed RJ, didn’t he say something about spending the Christmas with his Son?
Maybe like the old song, a Kangaroo tied him down, tanned his hide, then hung him up in the shed, Fred.
Will someone please release him and sent him back please.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2016, 11:08 PM

I think Gumbud is all around, all encompassing, but as usual, I could be wrong.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2016, 05:35 AM

hey-canya see me,eh? See me,do ya? eh? eh? Guess woss cummin' canya?

wrong.

I just received an Apple MacBook Pro,via special delivery,today.
No,honestly...straight up-an Apple Laptop Pro arrived...FOR ME.

It says in the note that was pushed into the box "To Pug,Merry Christmas and thank you for helping us". ...and I have no idea from whom it came.
I've helped several people this year-as usual,in various ways,just like we all do,but I haven't given a kidney or run into any burning houses to save a puppy.... WEIRD...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

31-12-2016, 08:11 AM

Beware of Geeks bearing gifts.

Page 154 of 1676 « First < 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 204 254 654 1154 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top