Join for free
Page 44 of 1676 « First < 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 144 544 1044 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 01:18 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

"Can we still talk to you on here for example" Anyone can talk to me anytime they like Gumbud, as long as it's not politics.

Seeing this event is a milestone in history I will break my rule for a few seconds.
In my opinion Britain did the right thing and I admire the courage of the ordinary folk who voted out.
A referendum is the only way those at the top know whats going on at the other end, the fact that so many were ‘shocked’ just proves how far out of touch with the people they really were, everyone else knew the majority wanted out. Anyway it’s always a wise decision to leave a sinking ship the first opportunity you get, the EC as it is today is finished, it will dwindle back down to the original six it started off with, probably even less than six, then known as the common market, a good idea at the time, but like all good ideas prounced on by the corrupt and greedy.
Maybe the North of Ireland will team up with Scotland and come to some special arrangement with the EC who knows, interesting times ahead for the politically minded, enjoy yourselves and don't mind me.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 08:15 PM

Oh,dear-I just had a thought! [I do,sometimes]
This means,rather than pay inflated prices for 2nd-grade steel from Europe...we'll have to import it,from Cymru!
Pardon? ...oh. Just been told Welsh steel is actually Indian. Hmm. Well,there won't be any spare parts for Citroens-so I'll have to drive a Jag...oh,hang on...Jag's owned by they Germans - ok,I'll have to drive a 30-year-old Land Rover!
...err...hang on....I already do! Oh-well in that case,yooz can SHOVE yer humus!
[hang on a mo-getting a message in my ear...]
Ah. Apparently,it's called a 'Hummer' and it's Murcan,not from That Europe.

[jolly confusing,this]
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 01:00 AM

It does appear somewhat confusing Pug but it is early days. But 52% of the population said we've had enough. It would be quite fascinating to look at some stats county by county and even town by town - but if people consider they are getting an 'old England' back again - think again.

Take Bradford for example were you can count on one hand the number of historically British residents - how can you get old Bradford back again?

In a way I think the 'NO' voters panicked stimulated by the out of control immigration scenario in the rest of Europe - as a small nation island they imagined they would be swamped. and some would argue it already has been by legitimate immigration.

Country history, practices and language is important - swamp that too much and you have chaos. But before someone accuses me of bias I am all in favor of Wales, Ireland [well which ever part] and Scotland removing themselves from the United Kingdom and promoting once more their own customs, languages and rhythms of life!
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 05:41 AM

Oh,don't take I wrong,gumbud. I really couldn't give a fig who lives where on this tiny speck of astral dust,as it whizzes through the majestic vastness of what we yumanz like to call 'space'. I really couldn't.There are enough ex-pat Brits living in enclaves in That Spain to fill Bradford twice over. No,that isn't the bit I was referring to. I,having looked through it,understand that Article 50 has to be activated before official notification is given our our withdrawal.
Ok...with it so far... but THEN there follows a whole SHEATH of closely-typed,multi-applicable [according to circumstance] regulatory provisos that,if taken at worded value,actually delete any recognition of a legal requirement for the E.U. to recognise or accept the legitimacy of any country's referendum results as being an acceptable reason for that country to be 'given permission' to withdraw from aforementioned union. Even though that country-the population thereof-had NO referendum regarding the joining of aforesaid union. Hmm...so,you CAN impose 'democracy'!
Now....as you're all well aware,je suis un bear of very little brain. However - even a thicko such as my dim,slow self,can see the GAPING 'get out of jail free' clauses that are RIFE,in that! S'funny...I sat at mate Malcolm's gaff one Friday afternoon in late April and said exactly what would happen,how close the vote would be,that 'call me Dave' would resign the day after. I even said Nicola Sturgeon would immediately hit the 'referendum' button AND the reasons she'd give,hoping they'd sound plausible.

Just,sometimes,I wish politicians didn't all seem to get into it for the power,the status and/or the money. Oh,how simple and happy the everyday dullard such as me would find life to be...ok,politicians as elected representatives of a country's best interests,yes-but as 'leaders'-NO!

I am SO glad we have a monarch....love her or loath her,she brings stability.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Oh,don't take I wrong,gumbud. I really couldn't give a fig who lives where on this tiny speck of astral dust,as it whizzes through the majestic vastness of what we yumanz like to call 'space'. I really couldn't.There are enough ex-pat Brits living in enclaves in That Spain to fill Bradford twice over. No,that isn't the bit I was referring to. I,having looked through it,understand that Article 50 has to be activated before official notification is given our our withdrawal.
Ok...with it so far... but THEN there follows a whole SHEATH of closely-typed,multi-applicable [according to circumstance] regulatory provisos that,if taken at worded value,actually delete any recognition of a legal requirement for the E.U. to recognise or accept the legitimacy of any country's referendum results as being an acceptable reason for that country to be 'given permission' to withdraw from aforementioned union. Even though that country-the population thereof-had NO referendum regarding the joining of aforesaid union. Hmm...so,you CAN impose 'democracy'!
Now....as you're all well aware,je suis un bear of very little brain. However - even a thicko such as my dim,slow self,can see the GAPING 'get out of jail free' clauses that are RIFE,in that! S'funny...I sat at mate Malcolm's gaff one Friday afternoon in late April and said exactly what would happen,how close the vote would be,that 'call me Dave' would resign the day after. I even said Nicola Sturgeon would immediately hit the 'referendum' button AND the reasons she'd give,hoping they'd sound plausible.

Just,sometimes,I wish politicians didn't all seem to get into it for the power,the status and/or the money. Oh,how simple and happy the everyday dullard such as me would find life to be...ok,politicians as elected representatives of a country's best interests,yes-but as 'leaders'-NO!

I am SO glad we have a monarch....love her or loath her,she brings stability.
no probs there mate - just cut your own ties, ignore them and they cannot do a thing about it unless UK is of course highly reliant on some stable european countries?

the goobily gook sheafs of papers are meant to confuse which court in any land is going to recognize and act upon them - all England has to do is just walk away - simple -cutting each tie neatly as it does so - well that is what it voted for in the referendum wasn't it. There is no need to be frightened OR take heed of the EU after all they are a load of prats!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

26-06-2016, 07:15 AM

oh dear me I see - 2million british prats have now instigated and signed a petition claiming they want another referendum and if that doesn't do the trick maybe another and another and another - they are making Britain look very very silly.

what started off as a semi-serious action is now becoming a circus act!

Oh well better than watching East Enders!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 06:00 PM

What does the Ozzy press make of our antics?
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

27-06-2016, 12:29 AM

Ah,yes....as I recall,RJJ,the Aussie press speculated on the inherent invalidity of fundamentally dysfunctional paradigms pertinent to instigation of artificially democratic impositions regarding interventional inhibition processes re pan-governmental procedures.

Well;it was either that or "So long,and thanks for all the fish".

I forget which...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2016, 02:00 PM

Fish? I love fish Pug, mine’s a smoked Cod.

There might be a bit of roughing it coming up, but it won’t last long and it clears the air for a new start.

An expensive star is missing from all the blue banners
Leaving the EC is very bad manners
So hold out your hand and receive your six whacks
Before you go back to work and pay your just tax.
It’ll be shoulders to the wheel and noses to the grindstone
And all of your ladies can only wear rhinestone
Darning your socks and heeling your shoes
All down in the pub singing the blues
Back to Blackpool for the Summer hols
Watching re runs of ‘Guys and Dolls'
Real ale and Devon cider
Or you could be off to Spain in a rented hang glider
But mark my words, it only hurts for a little while
And before you know it you’ll be wearing a proud smile.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

27-06-2016, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior 2 ->
What does the Ozzy press make of our antics?
the ozzy press have got their entire hands full with the last week election mania so a little skirmish in Europe can only manage to squeeze in occasionally - anyway as always they rely upon ozzie pressmen/women residing abroad and dressing in overcoats and scarves denoting the typical british summer.

as for fish and chips we prefer baramundi here which just jumps out of the rivers with gay abandonment and lands upon our extra large plates - the chips are served in extra large chippy cups!!

politically our liberal friends favor a monarchistic destiny whilst good old labor a republic - I think we need another Oliver Cromellian experience over here??

Page 44 of 1676 « First < 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 144 544 1044 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top