Join for free
Page 19 of 20 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 10:30 AM

Re: Brexit referendum, have you changed your mind?

Originally Posted by moscow ->
i think the best part of your sad, misguided rants on this forum is that it galvanises us proud brexiteers to see that the gov't delivers brexit and delivers it asap.

You must be the only one who can't see the irony in your posts in stereotyping 17million people as reactionary whilst at the same time calling for the boycotting of a country that is about to reach out to the world.

You are utterly powerless to stop brexit and utterly powerless to adopt your 'european lifestyle'.......whatever that even means!!!! ( please expain, give us all a good laugh!)
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
For any of our resident remainiacs, perhaps you should read this article. It demonstrates the sort of people you like to support.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c...sels-8srtzx6hn
We'll save a fortune by not being in that!

I like the old simple weather forecasts, anyway, "Faroes, Finisterre, Cromarty, Forth"

Lovely!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
We'll save a fortune by not being in that!

I like the old simple weather forecasts, anyway, "Faroes, Finisterre, Cromarty, Forth"

Lovely!
I agree, but it's not that.

What annoys me is that we have paid a lot of money into, not only that project, but no doubt many others too, and the nice people in Brussels are casually suggesting that they're not going to let us have anything for our generous contributions.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 09:07 AM

I agree, but it's not that.

What annoys me is that we have paid a lot of money into, not only that project, but no doubt many others too, and the nice people in Brussels are casually suggesting that they're not going to let us have anything for our generous contributions.

Hi

Copernicus, Sat Nav, Euratom, Medicines and Chemical Agencies are subject to arbitration by the ECJ.

That is one of our Red Lines, so it is our choice to leave them.

We will not save any money at all from this, in fact it will cost us.

Countries such as Canada have no such problem with the ECJ and they,and others,remain in them.

We have no Military Surveillance Satellites of our own,we share them with the EU due to the costs involved.

We do have our own Military Communications satellites.

We will need our own.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

03-04-2018, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Countries such as Canada have no such problem with the ECJ and they,and others,remain in them.
Are you saying that Canadian law is subject to ECJ rulings?

Clearly, the ECJ is part of the EU's world domination plan, then.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 11:37 AM

Are you saying that Canadian law is subject to ECJ rulings?

Clearly, the ECJ is part of the EU's world domination plan, then.
Hi

All Trade and Cooperation Deals are subject to an Arbitration System.

The ECJ is the EU Arbiter.

If we get a Trade Deal with the USA, the Arbiter will be a Panel of USA Companies against which there is no appeal.

For other Countries the arbiter will be the WTO.

We cannot be our own Arbiter.

Any Trade Deal will be subject to Arbitration.

We have a thing about the ECJ, other Countries do not, they accept their rulings on Trade as being fair and equitable.

Japan and South Korea have both accepted them as Equitable in Trade Deals.

The cost to the UK of not accepting them will be £Billions.

We will be the only Country in the World who do not accept Euratom and the EU Medicines Agency as fair and Equitable.

This is not commonsense.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

03-04-2018, 04:46 PM

Looks like the whole world likes the ECJ!

Perhaps the remainiacs were right, and the sky will fall down after all.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

03-04-2018, 05:22 PM

Looks like the whole world likes the ECJ!

Perhaps the remainiacs were right, and the sky will fall down after all.

Hi

Rubbish.

I simply do not understand your attitude to the ECJ as an Arbiter, the rest of the World accepts it.

It is fair and reasonable and has never ruled against the UK in any Trade Dispute.

You and many other Brexiteers are confusing it with the ECHR, a different Organisation entirely.

Leaving the ECJ will cost us more than our current Contributions to the EU.

Our choice, we live with it.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Rubbish.

I simply do not understand your attitude to the ECJ as an Arbiter, the rest of the World accepts it.

It is fair and reasonable and has never ruled against the UK in any Trade Dispute.

You and many other Brexiteers are confusing it with the ECHR, a different Organisation entirely.

Leaving the ECJ will cost us more than our current Contributions to the EU.

Our choice, we live with it.
I should think some of those much vaunted Red Lines you love to highlight will change colour before the end of these negotiations.

I doubt you have ever had to negotiate a deal on behalf of a third party ( UK electorate) based on your black and white , intransigent interpretation of how these negotiations are progressing.

Real life works differently and the final deal will include many of the so called red lines.

The brief given to the negotiators will contain a lot more lateral movement than you are able to comprehend, despite the grandstanding by the politicians for the cameras.

As a former civil servant, I would have expected you to know that!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Take heart comrade, there are those of us this side of the Irish Sea that are not 'Little Englanders' and would love to see a 'united' Ireland - something Sinn Fein have been campaigning for for many years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iickNtK5Ivw

Oh shut up you antiquated fifth columnist pie eater .

Page 19 of 20 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top