Join for free
Page 10 of 20 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 11:14 AM

Re: Brexit referendum, have you changed your mind?

Well then let's hear from someone else.

Perhaps you would like to recover the thread to what it formerly was and comment on this instead of wallowing in your daily dose of vitriol which BTW makes absolutely no difference to me. It just reinforces my conclusion that you have noting of any importance to say.

Any sensible comment on the quote below will help to assure me that you know something about Brexit. Since you haven't written about it for some time I ay underestimate your ability to discuss it.,
I include a link to the article which explains, quite simply, the conclusion I post here, so you can refer back to arguments in the article and give us your considered opinion. The conclusion supports both pro and anti Brexit arguments.

The UK is not in a strong position. Even without Brexit the economy was relatively weak, and unbalanced – relying too much on consumer spending and running a persistent trade deficit. With the UK likely to reject a full Single Market approach (to have controls on immigration) it is hard to see that not affecting the attractiveness of the UK as a place for inward investment. In the short term uncertainty as we debate best way forward will also have some kind of negative impact on investment, spending and economic growth. There is a possibility of a real negative multiplier effect with initial falls in spending causing knock on effects in both UK and Europe.

However, on the other hand, it is important not to get carried away with worse case scenarios. The Bank of England has proved it is very willing to intervene and avoid the worse of any fall in demand. Economies are resilient and seemingly very bad situations have also provided new opportunities. But, the fundamental point is that no one fully knows. Brexit is a real step into the unknown and how it will play out is hard to predict with uncertainty. But, at the moment, it is really hard to see anything but some kind of economic shock in both short term and medium term.

http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/21...y-post-brexit/
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
For gods sake Flicker, give it a rest! Most of us are bored to tears talking about Brexit but you seem to have no other topic! Of course you have a right to criticize cretinous politicians, providing you can do it on your own... because most of us are waiting for further developments on Brexit before we form any further opinions. That is how we have intelligent discussions on this forum! I have to admit though. Morty's occasional wind ups do give us reason to smile.
Errmmm...because this thread is about Brexit and some keep contributing to it???

Should not one add to a thread according to the subject??

If you are bored with Brexit perhaps you could stop adding to the threads about it?? If you are waiting for developments perhaps you could be quiet for a while??

That is how we have intelligent discussions on this forum!

I just offered one. How about proving that you can have an intelligent conversation (I have to admit never having seen one) instead of the primary school garbage posted in here over the last week?

That is of course if I am wrong and you can have a intelligent conversation...
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
Errmmm...because this thread is about Brexit and some keep contributing to it???

Should not one add to a thread according to the subject??

If you are bored with Brexit perhaps you could stop adding to the threads about it?? If you are waiting for developments perhaps you could be quiet for a while??

That is how we have intelligent discussions on this forum!

I just offered one. How about proving that you can have an intelligent conversation (I have to admit never having seen one) instead of the primary school garbage posted in here over the last week?

That is of course if I am wrong and you can have a intelligent conversation...
For one who complains so much about personal attacks, you are displaying little intelligence in recognizing how often you do it yourself.
We don't need a schoolteacher to tell us how to do things on here, but if you are unable to take advice on how to enjoy your time here, then I hope that you and Purwell will enjoy babbling on about something the rest of us are bored with.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 02:23 PM

You never learn do you flicker?
For a moment there at post #91 I was slightly surprised and thought you were changing your ways. Were trying to show at least a veneer of willingness to discuss ... albeit you've been pedalling exactly the same worn out lecturing posts since June 2016.

So what do you do next?
Stick in a copy and paste job .....
and finally revert to obnoxious normality by ending

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
How about proving that you can have an intelligent conversation (I have to admit never having seen one) instead of the primary school garbage posted in here over the last week?
Even your insults are repetition ... you seem to be somewhat deficient in imagination and literary flair or, failing all else, you might have managed to keep us interested with those.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
You never learn do you flicker?
For a moment there at post #91 I was slightly surprised and thought you were changing your ways. Were trying to show at least a veneer of willingness to discuss ... albeit you've been pedalling exactly the same worn out lecturing posts since June 2016.

So what do you do next?
Stick in a copy and paste job .....
and finally revert to obnoxious normality by ending

Even your insults are repetition ... you seem to be somewhat deficient in imagination and literary flair or, failing all else, you might have managed to keep us interested with those.
Morty, I would suggest that she doesn't understand why we are not interested in her opinions, on something that cannot be changed. Maybe she isn't forward thinking enough to be considering which direction would be the best move when Article 50 is presented, as it almost certainly will be.
This whole thread makes me think of a bunch of children all having bought the same sweets and happily enjoying them outside the shop. There is always one who thinks they know better and buys some other sweets, only to discover it was a wrong choice.
Unless, of course, she is just here to start arguments, because she has nothing better to do.
Flicker
France

11-01-2017, 03:33 PM

Right.

You have answered my assertion and have proven me correct.

Didn't take long.

None of you have any capacity to discuss Brexit in any meaningful way and cannot understand the issues.

You have proven YOURSELVES I was correct.

Waste of time. So are so many Brexiteers who declare they know what they are doing. You dear hearts haven't a clue. You are far happier gossiping over the back wall than discussing issues and consequences of you decision made in ignorance.

as for insults,, go back and read your disgraceful posts . They sound like the worst of Big Brother in playschool.

I heard heard about his go=form a while back and was curious to see if it is a bad as they said.

Yep...box ticked.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

11-01-2017, 03:36 PM

Well don't worry, I am sure you can find what you are looking for elsewhere.
Goodbye
Flicker
France

11-01-2017, 03:39 PM

For one who complains so much about personal attacks, you are displaying little intelligence in recognizing how often you do it yourself.
We don't need a schoolteacher to tell us how to do things on here, but if you are unable to take advice on how to enjoy your time here, then I hope that you and Purwell will enjoy babbling on about something the rest of us are bored with.
You my dear were asked to comment; I told you nothing about what to think.

But you can't even come up with an opinion that isn't riding ont eh back of someone else. an sone no one can talk to a simple proposition about fundamental economics, I doubt you could come up with anything remotely suitable for an intelligent conversation.

You wrote:
but if you are unable to take advice on how to enjoy your time here,

of all the insufferably arrogant blarney I have ever read in open forum this takes the cake.
Who are you to tell me how to "enjoy my time here"? Are you some girly group in some school playground making the rules and bossing people about??

I now realise where all the maturely challenged people are.
Flicker
France

11-01-2017, 03:40 PM

Well don't worry, I am sure you can find what you are looking for elsewhere.
Goodbye
I am still here cupcake...
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

11-01-2017, 03:47 PM

Oh I see you are here just for the argument

Page 10 of 20 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top