Join for free
Page 18 of 20 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 >
Mountaintop
Ireland, Meath
Mountaintop is male  Mountaintop has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 05:34 PM

Re: Brexit referendum, have you changed your mind?

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A simple fact of life.

Your Government has threatened to Veto any Brexit Deal we negotiate unless you get your own way on the Border.

The Border between any two Sovereign States is a matter for negotiation between the two Countries involved.

It is naff all to do with the EU.

Your Government is well aware that a veto would result in a No Deal, which would be disastrous for the UK Economy.

It is entirely your Governments choice to threaten this, it is Blackmail.

I do not give in to Blackmail.

It is your choice, not ours.

I like to live life quietly, it could have been sorted out with a bit of Commonsense on both sides.

Your Government has adopted a different stance.

I will not be threatened by anyone.

My response is this.

OK, your choice, you will destroy our Economy, a Hard Brexit.

You have much more to lose.

No more Common Travel Area, a Hard Border between North and South.

A complete ban on Irish Beef and Cheese and Mushrooms.

The introduction of a 」5 a mile charge on Irish Vehicles travelling through the UK to the EU.

You have so much more to lose than the UK has.

As I say, scratch the surface, and the bile comes out... What a rant! And aggressive too!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 05:40 PM

Well said swims ! Spot on !!
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Sad, isn't it?

That you can do nothing about it now, I mean.
It痴 sad that so many of you were stupid enough to vote Brexit but don稚 go doing too much chicken counting about me and the rest of the Remainers not being able to do anything about it.
Many of us are working to stop the folly happening and to mitigate the consequences if it does. We will keep the U.K. in the EU in every thing but name. If we do get dragged out, then the fight will be on to get us back in again. And we値l win.

I値l also be working on keeping the U.K. European and liberal minded and not letting the reactionary xenophobic attitudes of the Brexiters become the norm or seen as acceptable.

Other things I can and will do will be to make sure the Brexiter voters get the full blame and are made to accept responsibility for the disasters to come, support the investigations into the legality of the funding, boycott firms that supported Brexit, take European holidays instead of U.K. ones, invest our money in anything but the U.K. and remove as many Brexit type thinking people from my life as possible.

I知 not a person who hangs about feeling sad, I知 looking forward to a good, dirty fight, adopting a glorious European lifestyle and sticking two fingers up to the sad little Brexiters and the sad little England you want to create.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mountaintop ->
As I say, scratch the surface, and the bile comes out... What a rant! And aggressive too!
Hi

Not at all.

We took a Democratic Decision which should be respected .

The decision was to leave the EU.

I am no Xenophobe, I have no grandkids, I have pretendies, and they are all Polish.

I have no issue with free movement, I have no issue with paying in.

I wanted to the leave the EU on friendly terms.

I accepted that it would cost,that we would lose Financial Services.

So be it.

I have never started a fight in my life, an Enforcement Officer for many years, I can take the flak and personal insults.

It is part of the Job.

I will not however be blackmailed by anybody.

The UK has not chosen this path, your Government has.

You accept the consequences.

We had a Referendum, the ultimate in Democracy, it must be respected.

I voted Leave, my choice, my decision.

If the vote had been to remain I would have respected it, I would have been disappointed, but that is life.

I would not have constantly complained about it and I certainly would not have tried to overturn it.

I will not be threatened by anyone, which is what your Government is doing.

As an Enforcement Officer of many years I have been threatened many times.

I have never given in to threats and there is no chance that I will give in to threats by the Irish Government.

They should reap what they sow and as far as Ireland is concerned, we hold all the Aces.

The fight with Ireland is not of our doing, it is a fight chosen by your Government.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 06:25 PM

Take heart comrade, there are those of us this side of the Irish Sea that are not 'Little Englanders' and would love to see a 'united' Ireland - something Sinn Fein have been campaigning for for many years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iickNtK5Ivw
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 06:56 PM

Have you forgotten your comment about holding on to Ireland in 1921, the 'whole lot of it' as you put it? Now you act like an innocent bystander wondering what all the fuss was about. It was a bigoted nationalist comment. What was I supposed to say, 'well done?' I don't think so. How would you like it if Ireland occupied six British counties and the majority of people in them were of Irish descent who wanted to remain Irish. You wouldn't like it. Anyway, it wouldn't happen, because you would have invaded long ago and killed us and kicked us out.
I told you before, I killed no-one, and kicked no-one out of anywhere.

As for six counties of predominantly Irish people, the majority of whom wish to remain Irish, well, I think I already said that I'd have no problem if the people of Northern Ireland wanted to become part of the Irish Republic.

I'm sorry, but I get the impression you are here only to cause trouble, and for that reason I had better not involve myself any further with you.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
It痴 sad that so many of you were stupid enough to vote Brexit but don稚 go doing too much chicken counting about me and the rest of the Remainers not being able to do anything about it.
Many of us are working to stop the folly happening and to mitigate the consequences if it does. We will keep the U.K. in the EU in every thing but name. If we do get dragged out, then the fight will be on to get us back in again. And we値l win.

I値l also be working on keeping the U.K. European and liberal minded and not letting the reactionary xenophobic attitudes of the Brexiters become the norm or seen as acceptable.

Other things I can and will do will be to make sure the Brexiter voters get the full blame and are made to accept responsibility for the disasters to come, support the investigations into the legality of the funding, boycott firms that supported Brexit, take European holidays instead of U.K. ones, invest our money in anything but the U.K. and remove as many Brexit type thinking people from my life as possible.

I知 not a person who hangs about feeling sad, I知 looking forward to a good, dirty fight, adopting a glorious European lifestyle and sticking two fingers up to the sad little Brexiters and the sad little England you want to create.
You really are the absolute epitome of a petulant spoilt child spitting the dummy.
Totally and utterly pathetic, and that's putting it mildly.
Your posts are utter nauseating drivel of the highest order.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 09:39 PM

For any of our resident remainiacs, perhaps you should read this article. It demonstrates the sort of people you like to support.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c...sels-8srtzx6hn
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 06:27 AM

Hi

To Mountaintop.

History is history, we cannot go back 100 years and change it.

Northern Ireland exists and the majority of people living there want to
remain in the UK.

That is how we operate now, Democracy.

Get over it.

If the majority in Northern Ireland voted to leave the UK I would respect their decision.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->

I think the best part of your sad, misguided rants on this forum is that it galvanises us proud Brexiteers to see that the Gov't delivers Brexit and delivers it asap.

You must be the only one who can't see the irony in your posts in stereotyping 17million people as reactionary whilst at the same time calling for the boycotting of a country that is about to reach out to the world.

You are utterly powerless to stop Brexit and utterly powerless to adopt your 'European Lifestyle'.......Whatever that even means!!!! ( please expain, give us all a good laugh!)

Page 18 of 20 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top