Join for free
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2015, 08:03 PM

Fruit Flies and the Future.

I noticed this in the paper today, I think we don't pay enough attention to all the other creatures who share this planet with us, I never knew we had gay flies, I'll have to check out my flies more closely in the future. It's highly likely then that we have gay plants too.
Two flies landed on the shed door when I was out there working today and I tried to strike up a conversation with them, wasn't easy, I don't know if they had a hangover or were just in a bad mood but when I asked them were they gay, they flew off the handle.
I hope it's clear enough to read, I snapped it from the paper.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2015, 08:34 PM

Re: Fruit Flies and the Future.

I think you mean fruity flies?
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2015, 08:43 PM

Handbags at dawn.............................stevmk2
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2015, 09:25 PM

No flies on you lot.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2015, 09:34 PM

Damselflies, are they lesbians ?
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2015, 09:38 PM

I had to check that it's not April 1st ............
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2015, 10:46 PM

so being gay equates to being fitter ? - elton john never looks very fit - neither did liberace - yes much more research is needed - sounds like a squirt in the dark to me!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

29-05-2015, 08:24 PM

Perhaps we’ll all end up fertilising ourselves in the future, like these creatures do today, I don't have to spell out exactly what that means.

Komodo dragons can reproduce through self-fertilisation

“Flora, a pregnant Komodo dragon living in a British zoo, she has never mated, or even mixed, with a male dragon, and fertilised all the eggs herself, a process culminating in parthenogenesis, or virgin birth. Other lizards do this, but scientists only recently found that Komodo dragons do too.” … this was the first time it has been shown in Komodo dragons – the world’s largest lizards.
“The scientists, reporting the discovery in the science journal Nature, said it could help them understand how reptiles colonise new areas. A female dragon could, for instance, swim to another island and establish a new colony on her own.
”‘The genetics of self-fertilisation in lizards means that all her hatchlings would have to be male. These would grow up to mate with their own mother and therefore, within one generation, there would potentially be a population able to reproduce normally on the new island.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 08:55 PM

That's handy .
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 11:56 PM

Does this perhaps explain the "virgin birth" then - no wonder Joseph faded out of the story!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top