Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2017, 10:11 PM

Fake Perfume

Anyone thinking of buying perfume as a gift , or as a treat for themselves, take care where you buy from, especially with Christmas coming.

It was in the paper that Trading Standards have been finding fake perfumes with dangerous levels industrial alcohol are being sold online to 'unsuspecting bargain hunters'.

Some of these perfumes are counterfeit Chanel and Christian Dior and they contain methanol which is used in anti-freeze.

Trading standards say - "It is corrosive to the skin and almost certain to cause you skin problems, which can take a long time to recover from."

The fake perfumes are believed to be from the Far East and are also dangerously flammable.

There are some wicked B's about, aren't there.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2017, 10:54 PM

Re: Fake Perfume

Thanks for the warning Mups , you have to be so careful these days
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2017, 11:03 PM

That's knackered it for your Xmas pressie then Mups.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2017, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
That's knackered it for your Xmas pressie then Mups.

Never fret Judd, I will think of many more things you could treat me to instead, sweetie.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2017, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Never fret Judd, I will think of many more things you could treat me to instead, sweetie.
What else can you get for thirty bob?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

25-09-2017, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
What else can you get for thirty bob?

You cheeky, tight fisted old wotsit.

Is that all you think I'm worth?

I shan't be spending that couple of quid on your pressy now then either. I shall put all my 20p's back in the jar.
oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2017, 11:30 PM

thanks mups - great advice and I can strongly recommend my dealer - sir john lewis - only the real mccoy and at a great price and brilliant service.

get all my fragrances there and would not dream of going anywhere else. for those who don't no who they are - https://www.johnlewis.com/
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 06:02 AM

It doesn't take a genius to realise that a bottle of Chanel sold in a market for a fiver may possibly not be the real thing.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 09:30 AM

No fakes for this girl.

Usual buy gift sets at Christmas Debenhams usually has a deal at some point. I wait for that.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 09:41 AM

This reminds me of those fake perfume parties that people used to have back in the late eighties. They sold copies of well known perfumes for a fraction of the cost. The perfumes were not dangerous (I had some) but the smell only lasted ten minutes when applied and just a few months in the bottle.

Does anyone else remember that? Were they legal back then?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top