Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2012, 07:10 PM

Re: Child free zones

You do indeed owe George an apology, you were rude to him.
If everyone put you on their ignore list, you couldn't upset anyone anymore.
Then you would have to go to another forum and start your same tactics again, which is obviously what you do.
I feel sorry for you, you'll never make any friends.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

29-09-2012, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Well I mentioned troll and my post was removed, I repeat it because that is what I think you are.
I clocked you when you came on and used Erinaceous as your user name, I knew it meant prickly, and by golly you are, and I think you find all this entertaining, what you have said, especially to George was despicable, and I am surprised you were not taken to task by others.
I think you owe George an apology, in fact all disabled folks. I suppose you don't do apologies either.
Originally Posted by Janela ->
Then you would have to go to another forum and start your same tactics again, which is obviously what you do.
Thank you both for your support and very kind words.
My only regrets are that I bothered to read or reply to anything written by this person in the first place.

I should have not gotten so incensed, risen to the bait and worse, responded, it is precisely what his kind feed off.
A mistake that I hope not to repeat again.
He simply is not worth the effort or aggravation.

Thanks again.

George
Erinaceous
East Anglia
Erinaceous is male  Erinaceous has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2012, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Where or when have I been rude to anyone?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2012, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Erinaceous ->
Where or when have I been rude to anyone?
As I see it for what it's worth, you have raised many valid points, but seek to cause offence in the process. Most of what you post is relevant, but delivered in an oblique style, then again I am typing this from the comfort of my perambulator.
SarkySuzie
New Member!
UK
SarkySuzie is female 

29-09-2012, 11:42 PM

What was the question again? Oh yes - kids.

I love the company of kids. They're so honest and refreshing and great to have conversations with and I don't believe kid free zones are needed on planes, trains, buses, restaurants, whatever. Why should kids miss out because there are a few grumpy old beggars who want to complain about them. If they're treated with a bit of respect, they will treat you with respect. I you growl at them, they'll be lippy, its human nature, and its what kids have been doing for generations. I think people need to remember that they were all kids at some point. Maybe its a memory thing.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2012, 11:54 PM

@ Hammer

Wrong. Not only would I, I HAVE. On several occasions I have requested a change of seat on aircraft because of the presence of an obviously “mobility impaired” passenger who had been plonked in the “isle” seat of the row that I was sitting in.
Why not just ask for an aisle seat when you check in or book on line? then you don't have to worry about getting out in the event of an emergency. I always ask for an aisle seat and have always got one.

Absurd concern really - you stand more chance of being struck by lightning twice (or winning Lotto) than you do of being in an air accident.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2012, 07:53 AM

I don't like cruelty and I don't like opression - but what's that got to do with anything? To mock a "person of impaired mobility" would be cruel, but to use good sense and ensure that their handicap doesn't become my handicap in the event of an incident is common sense.

As for "women and children first", in the event of a disaster that's old hat because today anyone who adopts that view is in for a nasty surprise.

One thing - maybe you could explain why it is that some people resort to personal insults on a forum? You don't like me - why should I care?
Those of us with good manners observe the 'Birkenhead drill' in the case of an emergency evacuation of some form of transport, but being the typical Nazi that you are you would be the one to trample over everyone else to get to the emergency exit door/Lifeboat first.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2012, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Well I mentioned troll and my post was removed, I repeat it because that is what I think you are.
I clocked you when you came on and used Erinaceous as your user name, I knew it meant prickly, and by golly you are, and I think you find all this entertaining, what you have said, especially to George was despicable, and I am surprised you were not taken to task by others.
I think you owe George an apology, in fact all disabled folks. I suppose you don't do apologies either.
Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Those of us with good manners observe the 'Birkenhead drill' in the case of an emergency evacuation of some form of transport, but being the typical Nazi that you are you would be the one to trample over everyone else to get to the emergency exit door/Lifeboat first.
May I remind you that personal attacks or name calling is against our rules, so us mods are obliged to edit out such instances.

If you believe someone is a troll then it's best to report them so we can keep an eye on them, and you should then just ignore them - trolls live for attention, and if you take that away they soon go away.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2012, 10:13 AM

Sorry Barry, I don't do running to teacher!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2012, 11:17 AM

A reminder of our Discussion Guidelines for those who haven't read it can be seen here:

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=9124

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top