Join for free
Gianetta
US
Gianetta is female  Gianetta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 12:48 PM

Daily Tune - March 30

Today I give for you a "two-fers" from The Bachelors .... I think was from mid 1960's ... xo

1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuHFQ7KZOKA

2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoAlP5D1T_U
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 12:52 PM

Re: Daily Tune - March 30

Oh my goodness Gia - I love love love the Bachelors
I surprised you know of them - thank you thank you for those songs - happy times they remind me xx
This song I like - very happy feel
Say 'cheese' Gia x

dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 01:00 PM

I think I shunned The Batchelors in the sixties because the Beatles etc (possibly prompted by Buddy Holly) had started real 'young people's music' which I went for instead. Nice harmonies though

As for Donald Fagen - he's one of Mr DM's favouritest ever, so we often have that one playing. I love it too - is it near Du-Wap de nos jours? Dunno. Sometimes it's not the best idea to over-analyse; just enjoy!

Here's Paul Simon - delayed for a day by yesterday's Midnight Cowboy, which is still going round in my mind. Oh, that harmonica.

Paul Simon and Ladysmith Black Mambazo - Diamonds on the Soles of her Shoes

Have a lovely day. Sun's shining; flowers are blooming; it's Spring!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 01:21 PM

Tut tut Hilary - I loved all types of music so there x
Good choice again with Paul
Gianetta
US
Gianetta is female  Gianetta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 01:26 PM

This is a shake-a-hiney one for sure! haha.... I like this song - I not know of Donald Fagen, but he is a snappy one! (shake-a-hiney, shake-a-hiney, shake-a-hiney) Thank you Patsy for this one... you know who will enjoy this one also? Uncle Nuno!...lol... he like jazzy music - I will play for him. xo
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

30-03-2016, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Gianetta ->
This is a shake-a-hiney one for sure! haha.... I like this song - I not know of Donald Fagen, but he is a snappy one! (shake-a-hiney, shake-a-hiney, shake-a-hiney) Thank you Patsy for this one... you know who will enjoy this one also? Uncle Nuno!...lol... he like jazzy music - I will play for him. xo

Oh goody !
Gianetta
US

30-03-2016, 01:31 PM

Oh boy! This is very enjoyable to hear it, Hilary.... Paul Simon! - my goodness...he STILL have such a good talent and voice and playing the music! I like it! Is a very colorful and active group that join him...also wonderful! Thanks a bunch for this...I love Paul Simon and I loving this song... (diamond on the sole of her shoes!) xo
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 01:41 PM

We saw Paul Simon at the BICC a few years ago - his last UK tour I guess. What a great show; what fantastic musicians they all were. Paul Simon came over well. He said 'It's great to be back in Bournemouth; I spent a lot of time here when I was a boy' (How to win your audience round!) He talked quite a lot between songs; talked of having a daughter late in life after a family of all sons and what a delight it was to share her pleasure in bright pink hairbands and the like He sang Father and Daughter for her
It was a great show. I reckon the audience ages went from about 8 months (fairly easy to 'age' her - she was good all through) to possibly 85 or older (not so easy to 'age' the sprightly older Bournemouth folk) . He delights all sorts
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

30-03-2016, 03:34 PM

Well he delights me too - he's a smasher and no mistake

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top