Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 02:28 PM

Re: Daily Tune - April 3

Great minds or poor memory?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->

Great minds or poor memory?
Never thought of that
Its so good though, I'm bound to choose again
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
For me, I would not like the long legs they would get on me nerves

I'd like the chance to find out!
As long as your legs reach the floor I guess they are long enough?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Gianetta ->
Hello Nom -

Wow - this one can play guitar.... thank you for post for us! - I will ask my hubs to listen to it... I KNOW he will be impress. I have not hear of this man Link Wray & Wraymen before - and I am very please that now I have. Steven will enjoy this also... Thank you once again! xo From Gia
It was on the radio this morning Gianetta, had not heard it for ages.

It was banned in several radio markets because the term rumble was a slang term for a gang fight, and it was feared that the piece's harsh sound glorified "juvenile delinquency."[6] It became a hit, not only in the United States, where it climbed to number 16 on the charts in the summer of 1958, but also in Britain, where it has been cited as an influence on The Kinks and The Who, among others, although it failed to reach the UK charts. The Beau Brummels hit song "Just A Little" borrows the riff from this tune as well.[7] Bob Dylan once referred to it as "the best instrumental ever."[8] Instrumentals were far more common on the Top 40 in the 1950s and early 1960s than in later years. The Dave Clark Five covered it on their first U.S. studio album, Glad All Over, in 1964.
Gianetta
US
Gianetta is female  Gianetta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 03:18 PM

Ha! Patsy! oh my.... but think this way: we must take so many more steps than the one with the long leg - they sail along so gracefully - and here come Gia - take 3 step to they 1 step. It not look as nicely as when tall person walk. Steven stride when he walk - and there is Gia ..chop-walk fast - step after step to keeping up. : / lol.... you make me to laugh! xx
Gianetta
US
Gianetta is female  Gianetta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 03:22 PM

Thank you Nom for all that information you share...I show to Steven and he listen intently - he say he vaguely remember to hear it before...it a little before our times - but he say for surely that he remember hear it. Amazing how they was think back then- 'juvenile delinquent' music - like Elvis Presley move his body and the TV show him only from waist up... so naive was they thinking. Steven enjoy to hear it - I knew that he will like it. He use to play guitar long time ago - now, he very busy working - hopefull he will pick up his guitars again some time - I miss to hear him play! Wonderful information - thank you Nom. Very good.
Gianetta
US

03-04-2016, 03:24 PM

Hahaaa.... Hilary! ahhh.... you and Gia thinking alike for long legs... how I wish! My next life, I will NOT retorn unless I am at least 5'11" high! (this 4'10" is for the bird!) : }
Gianetta
US

03-04-2016, 03:27 PM

Great song! Another hiney-shaker! Wow... I love latin beat!...

mmmm... nice to hear this... Thank you - I will now chill. (shake-a-hiney, shake-a-hiney) xx
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 03:29 PM

Its been used in a few films, Pulp Fiction, Independence day, and the Sopranos to name a few, he certainly influenced many musicians.
Gianetta
US

03-04-2016, 03:31 PM

Sergio Mendes song make me think of this one... which also I like - a lot!

Bebel Gilberto ... is call Summer Samba - also, "SO nice!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdLuTVp7qy0

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top