Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Gianetta
US
Gianetta is female  Gianetta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 01:10 AM

Re: Daily Tune - April 8

Hi Nom....

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh..... I do really really like this song.... and it is always a joy to hear it again... Terrific! I find that I also like this version of the song that Sheryl Crowe sing at the White House... She do a fantastico job - I think anyway. I hope you will like this one too? ...thank you again - I can listen to this song all the day long! From Gia xo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMqD51Zg9yc
Gianetta
US
Gianetta is female  Gianetta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 01:14 AM

Hi Purwell....

Ohhhh... Woody Guthrie! He and Arlo Guthrie was live not too very far from where I living - in Vermont .... and they was tour all the time in New England area also... This song was very popular so many many many year ago in the US, and most school childrens was have to learn to sing it... so it was at almost all national holidays that they sing it. It have a lots of nice memory for American people...(and me) Thank you for share it for us... I like when the record is all scratch like that - it make it sound so more authentic.... Thank you! From Gia xo
Gianetta
US

09-04-2016, 01:18 AM

She is just AMAZING, Alan... You sure do know you music, Mr. Cooke.... how exciting to see her singing - and Duke Ellington Orchestra Band... - what a combinations. I always look forward to see what you will post for us when you here.... and you never disappoint. WONDERFUL, Alan... (ahhh...see? Steven just come over to see who singing and he like it!) Two big thumb ups! From Gia xo
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 07:29 AM

Good version Gia,is a well covered song, testimony to its great songwriters Burt Bacharach and Hal David.
Gianetta
US

09-04-2016, 01:38 PM

Hi Nom...

Yes..it pretty good, I think...and oh yes...Bachrach & David - amazing team... Thank youuu.. ox

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top