Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 08:07 AM

Re: Clouds got in the way!

Interesting Bob, im sure it will have a name for t,hat type of formation.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
What an unusual formation. Looks like things dropping from the sky.
Yes you're right Longdogs, it reminds me of that film where Bruce Willis saved the world after drilling holes in a meteorite and blowing it up and all the bits came falling to earth....
Was it 'Armageddon?'
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Good capture OGF. If you try to find out what type of cloud that is 'Cirrus' is the one that looks most like it.
Thanks Mart, I reckon a 'Cirrus' or maybe 'Stratus' that has been blown by the jet stream, I think they are the highest type of cloud. Must be quite windy up there...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

22-07-2018, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
How odd looking Foxy, good photo though.

What time of the morning was that, roughly?
Morning Mups....
I think it was about six on Friday morning Mups, I always poke my head out of the door to see what the weather is like before going for a run. I guessed nobody would be around at that time in the morning so I nipped to the gate in my undies and took the shot.....Oops! sorry missus.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Wow...you should send that to Paul the weatherman foxy
Who's Paul the weatherman?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

22-07-2018, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That was well spotted Bob an unusual formation...
Thanks Meg, I love studying the clouds, so much so, that I end up stumbling while out running if I see an interesting sky. Fortunately, I spotted this before I started....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Meg, I love studying the clouds, so much so, that I end up stumbling while out running if I see an interesting sky. Fortunately, I spotted this before I started....
I did learn all of the cloud formations when I was a kid but like most things I have forgotten them to make way for all the useless stuff.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

22-07-2018, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
That's lovely. I like to think something peeking through the sky like that is my sister and mum letting me know they are with me. Of course I know that's probably nonsense to most but all the same....
It's not nonsense at all Lion Queen, it's where we draw our strength from to help us get through the day...
And who's to say it's not your Mum and Sister looking down, there are many things in this world we don't know....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

22-07-2018, 10:52 AM

Thanks Silver Tabby, Summer and Nom,
I think I'll take Summers advice and send it to 'Paul the Weatherman' he might be able to tell us what clouds they were, what the formation might be called, and how it occurred....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 10:56 AM

Met Office say:

Use our cloud spotting guide and video to help identify different types of clouds in the sky.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/learnin...spotting-guide

Fascinating .....

All high clouds are a type of cirrus, a common cloud that can be seen at any time of the year.
Mare's Tail Cirrus

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top