Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 09:55 PM

Re: Can We Talk About Peas?

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
I love fish & chips with a tin of mushy peas but I also enjoy mangetout in a stir fry.
LT, The only reason, l occasionally have mushy peas is because, that’s what they seem to serve in restaurants when you order fish and chips.

Mangetout! Yes, l couldn’t remember their name!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Faggot & pea batch!!

Ooh, Omah, That made me feel a bit sick 🤢
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

20-02-2021, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I prefer fresh peas when in season, otherwise dried or frozen ones. Do not like tinned peas at all. Cannot stand the mushy things.
ST, l would prefer fresh peas but it takes so long to pop them out of the pod and you only get a few, that l l can’t be bothered.

The mushy ones are ok very occasionally.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

20-02-2021, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
I love frozen peas, don't bother much with buying brand names, I usually buy Tesco's or Sainsbury's. Oh but I love fresh garden peas - for me it's worth all that pod popping to get that wonderful texture and flavour. Can't abide mushy peas, or those tins of marrowfat peas, yuck!

Anyone remember Surprise Peas? Dried peas, but not like your typical dried peas, I think these were super fast freeze dried or something. They were really quite good and handy to keep a couple of packets in the cupboard. Wonder what happened to them?
Bathsheba, l thought you could still get those dried peas? Didn’t you get a chemical or something with them?

You should try Iceland garden peas and they are only £1 for ? 800 grams. It used to be a kilo. Honestly, they are so tender.

I have tried Tesco and Asda brand garden peas too but lceland are nicer.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Oooh d00d, l don’t like those.

I’m afraid I don’t either, I found them tasteless.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 10:06 PM

I love frozen peas. Any SM brand will do me.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

20-02-2021, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I also make my own mushy peas, with of course ,my favourite petit Pois,

I also make petit Pois pea and mint soup..so sweet and tasty...I also love peas, in a potato and red onion salad mixed with mayonnaise ....
Gosh, Pauline. You’re not just a pretty face! I wouldn’t know how to make mushy peas!

Petit Pois and Mint soup? Doesn’t that give you a lot of wind?
l know you like flying kites but that is ridiculous!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 10:11 PM

Marrowfat & mushy is where the flavour is.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 10:16 PM

Gosh, Pauline. You’re not just a pretty face! I wouldn’t know how to make mushy peas!

Petit Pois and Mint soup? Doesn’t that give you a lot of wind?
l know you like flying kites but that is ridiculous!

Art, you only have to google mushy pea recipe,I haven’t made them in a while, but oh so worth making your own, fresh cream in them as well, can’t remember all of the ingredients.

Pea and mint soup,is delicious,I used to make it a lot, for a french woman ,as her housekeeper ,she used to throw a lot of dinner parties and took the credit, for my cooking...I also made coronation chicken, so many dishes,I’ve lost count......

I love cooking....but not like Gordon Ramsay....
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 10:48 PM

I love garden peas with my meals ie. fish, steak and roasts.

I prefer garden peas that l buy frozen. Fresh peas are a pain, you’re popping pods for ages but only end up with a few peas to show for all your trouble!
Even growing them, mice seem to sabotage a good harvest.

I usually buy Iceland Garden Peas That are only £1 a bag, they are so tender. l make sure l pick a pack with lots of little peas in the bag.
I don’t find expensive Birds Eye or Findus peas are any better.

I also have tins of mushy peas in the cupboard that I quite like occasionally with fish.
Oh and they are all full of Vitamin C.

So l ask, what peas do you like? Garden, Petit Pois, Mushy, any tinned, or the ones in the pods?

Do you have a favourite brand?
The ones in the pods and fresh shelled peas.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top