Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 06:24 PM

Re: The Commonwealth

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
If we had to hand it over I'd say Canada or if it was possible make it an annual thing and take turns, that would make everyone feel more equal I think.
I was tempted to say Rwanda hoping it might be healing, but I'm unsure how they are doing these days if it would be possible.
Julie darlin', I don't think Rwanda is part of the Commonwealth, Mozambique applied and joined some years back, but Rwanda was never part of our colonial past.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 08:44 PM

Trump should head it as a diplomatic gesture....He would enjoy touring some of those countries he described so eloquently.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Trump should head it as a diplomatic gesture....He would enjoy touring some of those countries he described so eloquently.
Yikes - may angels and ministers of grace defend us all from that !!

I'm voting for Azz to do it !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Julie darlin', I don't think Rwanda is part of the Commonwealth, Mozambique applied and joined some years back, but Rwanda was never part of our colonial past.
I thought it was Uj I'll have to look it up I was convinced.

Yes I was right they were accepted as a member in 2009.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 11:34 PM

Which Commonwealth? The head of the Commonwealth of Australia is defined in the constitution:

2. Governor-General

A Governor-General appointed by the Queen shall be Her Majesty's representative in the Commonwealth, and shall have and may exercise in the Commonwealth during the Queen's pleasure, but subject to this Constitution, such powers and functions of the Queen as Her Majesty may be pleased to assign to him.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top