Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2018, 07:20 PM

Re: Replacement Nespresso pods

Originally Posted by Cosmos ->
Yuk ...Too Sickly ..
I've had irish creme with coffee only a few times as a special treat... usually, my daily coffee is white with sugar. I can't do black
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2018, 07:23 PM

i do Joe.....Americano for me ..
You mean me or cafe americano. Lol! jk!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2018, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bobby Àmericano ->
I've had irish creme with coffee only a few times as a special treat... usually, my daily coffee is white with sugar. I can't do black :)

Hmmmm - does that make you a bit of a woos???
Cosmos
UK
Cosmos is female  Cosmos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bobby Àmericano ->
You mean me or cafe americano. Lol! jk!

either way, as long as its strong and tasty ...
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA

13-02-2018, 07:00 PM

either way, as long as its strong and tasty ...
Yes, they both are! Lol.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have been experimenting with various brands and tbh, most of them are horrible but one make that stands out is Taylors Rich Italian blend 8 which is very similar to the blue Nespresso pod (vivalto Lungo - which seems to be the one that everyone settles for after trying all the others).
Or, as you added later, Roast 8.

Yes, we have just visited our local Sainsbury's (Cheadle) and found the one you recommend.

We'll certainly give it a try when we get a round tuit.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 12:07 AM

Normally at home I only drink tea but when I am out tea is usually crap and made with tea bags so then I do drink coffee. My usual coffee is Flat White but quite like the occasional Chai Latte.

These were yesterdays at the Nan Tien Temple.

The coffee I had in the UK a few years ago was rubbish (Costa?) not a patch on the coffee you can get here even in the smallest town. (Australia is the only country where the appalling Starbucks has basically failed)

What's wrong with Nescafe Blend 43? - good for emergencies

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-02-13 14.35.28.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	5151  
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Normally at home I only drink tea but when I am out tea is usually crap and made with tea bags so then I do drink coffee. My usual coffee is Flat White but quite like the occasional Chai Latte.

These were yesterdays at the Nan Tien Temple.

The coffee I had in the UK a few years ago was rubbish (Costa?) not a patch on the coffee you can get here even in the smallest town. (Australia is the only country where the appalling Starbucks has basically failed)

A good flat white is also my coffee of choice when out and about Bruce but as you say, nothing wrong with an instant for convenience.

I tend to buy a different brand of instant each time because I find I get so used to the taste that I don't really taste it any more. I also buy smaller jars because it doesn't lose it's freshness.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 02:03 PM

Most independent coffee shops in the UK make a far superior cup of coffee than the large chains like Costa, Starbucks etc whose coffee imo is horribly bitter and leaves a nasty aftertaste.

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Problem with all instant coffee is that you're drinking second hand coffee, plain and simple !!

Imagine, I take some fresh coffee beans, grind them up, add hot water to make a nice coffee mixture, then a cool the mixture down and spray it through a fine nozzle into a very cold environment where it becomes instant coffee granules !

Really who would buy what is clearly second hand/ used coffee??? Madness
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Most independent coffee shops in the UK make a far superior cup of coffee than the large chains like Costa, Starbucks etc whose coffee imo is horribly bitter and leaves a nasty aftertaste.

Problem with all instant coffee is that you're drinking second hand coffee, plain and simple !!

Imagine, I take some fresh coffee beans, grind them up, add hot water to make a nice coffee mixture, then a cool the mixture down and spray it through a fine nozzle into a very cold environment where it becomes instant coffee granules !

Really who would buy what is clearly second hand/ used coffee??? Madness
Real 'second hand coffee' would be coffee that someone has drunk and internally processed!

I wouldn't drink that either, although I am assured that it is perfectly safe to drink.

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top