Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 11:12 PM

Re: Switching from Windows to IOS

You shouldn't be buying an air - they're pretty outdated by now. I couldnt stand the low res screen for one and I don't get why Apple is still selling them.

Go to Mac Rumors and read the don't buy recommendations- the air is there. I got a 12 inch macbook - much nicer machine, even with just one port, no squinting at low res 1400 x 900.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
You shouldn't be buying an air - they're pretty outdated by now. I couldnt stand the low res screen for one and I don't get why Apple is still selling them.

Go to Mac Rumors and read the don't buy recommendations- the air is there.
Too late, its already bought

it comes with High Sierra , is just as fast as the Mac Pro , and most importantly to me, it still has a card slot and usb slots as well as thunderbolt. Means its pretty compatible with a lot of my outdated pieces of kit which are still usable, without having to buy extra cables

I looked long and hard before I chose the air, theres a lot of good reasons for why is still available , £300 price difference being one

The screen is just fine, but then I can't tell the difference between HD and 4K
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 11:38 PM

The screen isn't even HD unless your counting 720. To me it's just a lot of money to spend on something almost obsoleted by Apple, although I'll admit to an almost eldritch sense of minimalism in my own life.

I've spent a fortune on Apple products - I have an iPhone X as well as an iPhone 8; each has their purpose. Same goes for my iPad Pro 10.5".

Having an iPhone X as my sole computing device whilst in hospital has been an interesting experience: I understand the device more and what it can and can't do.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 01:37 AM

Hardly obsoleted when they have upgraded it to take High Sierra

I also never said this was HD, I said the screen was fine for me as I can't tell the difference between HD and 4X, and this screen is good enough to my eyes

I have read your many many threads about all your apple products, lucky you that you have the money to spend on them. I tend to keep my products until they can no longer be upgraded and become beyond repair. Only upgraded my phone because I had filled it to capacity. Its still in use though, Mr Missy has it

At the end of the day, Im happy with my purchase, that is all that counts
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

16-02-2018, 03:43 AM

Of course it is.....and I tend to get a good price on anything Apple I've sold back on. Just never got on with Windows - I even used a Chromebook for 3 years, and that suited me better than Windows.

Enjoy your purchase and the cool illuminated Apple logo (something else they removed nowadays).
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 08:52 AM

Find the one that stands out from the crowd.

Hint - it's an Acer

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top