Join for free
Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 11:30 PM

Re: Somethings are better done by men

Im not arguing that women are physically equal as a whole, there will always be the one , my argument is women can do the job as well as men as its not all brute force

Our Police women here carry guns and can shoot as well as their male counter parts. Don't think strength is a requirement there, a steady hand, good eye and the training to shoot
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Think back to a time, perhaps in your Grandfather's time, when there were few minorities. The Fire and Police departments laid down certain rules for height and strength. Why did they do that ???? The reason is too obvious. Height and strength matter. Period !

When any female becomes world boxing champion, of any weight class, then, and only then, can she lay claim to be his physical equal. Until that day arrives, it is wacko feminist dreaming to imagine she is his physical equal.
It's nothing to do with being physical equals Bakerman, it's about being right for the job. Just as a strapping six foot six man will be useless as a jockey.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's nothing to do with being physical equals Bakerman, it's about being right for the job. Just as a strapping six foot six man will be useless as a jockey.

I don't know how things are in the U.K., but here in America, police officers routinely get involved in physical "take-downs" of violent, drug crazed criminals. It is not at all unusual for it to take 3 or 4 cops to do the job. In such a situation, a female cop is useless. Totally useless !
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
re Police:

... 'The MacPherson report of 1999 ruled that the height restriction discriminated against those of ethnic backgrounds such as the Chinese, who are generally shorter'.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...uring-5ft.html
Samarai Warriors were not usually shorties.
China is a huge country those in the north are every bit as tall as Europeans and depending on diet those in other parts are too
I can think of several tall Chinese I have men in Asia
funnily enough all were in the local police force.
Extraordinary that we would change the law and potentially put peoples lives at risk for the sake of a minute proportion of upwardly challenged members of a ethnic minority?

Anyway I doubt many short Chinese - or indeed any are applying to be firemen they tend to be pharmacists or running chip shops.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 12:07 AM

Without women in the defence force, cops, firies etc it would be impossible to keep the numbers up to proper levels.

When my son was in the Gulf on his frigate some of the officers, the helicopter pilot and up to a third of the crew were female. He has nothing but praise for all of them. His current ship (an oiler) has a larger number of females on board. they do exactly the same work as the men (what strength is needed to fire a 50cal machine gun?)

Absurdly archaic view.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 12:24 AM

note title

SOMETHINGS are better done by men
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 12:25 AM

I don't know how things are in the U.K., but here in America, police officers routinely get involved in physical "take-downs" of violent, drug crazed criminals. It is not at all unusual for it to take 3 or 4 cops to do the job. In such a situation, a female cop is useless. Totally useless !
It really depends on the female and her physique. Same applies to a man. There are some women who are just as big and strong as a man. There are many men who are just as weak as a woman or weaker. So as I said a man who rides a racehorse has to be small and light, it's all about the person fitting the job.

Wondering why all jockeys are men though.... except in national velvet.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

13-07-2018, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
note title

SOMETHINGS are better done by men
It should be some things are better done by some men.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

13-07-2018, 12:29 AM

wondering why all jockeys are men...…
They aren't
There are female jockeys they even ride in the Grand National.
However a jockey needs to be light but very strong .
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 12:46 AM

Ours are pretty handy with tazers

Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top