Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 09:18 PM

Re: Yahoo Mail Unsupported Browser Message

Thanks for your replies everyone ...

Nothing too negative there, not enough to make me run for the hills, so I'm going to bite the bullet and download it.

I'm not too computer savvy .. and wouldn't mind if it meant I could see youtube videos instead of black squares too.

But oh boy, I get so nervy at doing things like this.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Morticia, I have the same message come up as well, and I haven't got a clue what it means.
I'm going to download Chrome and I'll let you know how easy it is ... then you can have a bash.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I'm going to download Chrome and I'll let you know how easy it is ... then you can have a bash.
I rarely use anything else.
Give a shout if you need help with the settings.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

12-07-2018, 09:30 PM

Thanks Purry ... I'll do that if I get confuddled with it. I've only ever used IE and am a creature of habit.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 12:08 AM

I much prefer Firefox because there are more add-ons available for it such as Ad and script blockers, YouTube downloaders and other extensions.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 12:47 AM

Im still bemused that people use web mail instead of a dedicated mail box

I get all my email accounts delivered straight to my desktop, phone or tablet
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I just logged onto my e-mail and that's what it said.
That the new Yahoo mail will no longer support my browser ... which is IE 11.

It said something about getting Firefox or Chrome ... , which I didn't read properly.

So which would folk recommend
Firefox or Chrome?

I'm an old diehard single browser person and haven't a clue about different browsers?
Can you run two browsers?
I have been using Firefox since it was Netscape but I also have reservations about Chrome because of Google's well known lack of regard for privacy and its data harvesting (it is 'easy' for a reason).

If you can cope with IE then Firefox will be no bother.

Yes, you can run as many browsers as you want, they are just another piece of software. In fact you cannot remove IE/Explorer because it is an important part of the operating system.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 07:19 AM

I have three browzers, safari with my mac which I use on forums. I also have firefox which is an excellent browser as far as I am concerned.

I use Chrome to watch netflix and my Nest (camera) is hooked up to it.

Some forms I fill out won't accept Safari, so I just switch to Chrome....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 09:58 AM

Missy got me thinking Morticia; if you are going to have to learn a new piece of software anyway why not get a Mail reader like Thunderbird which does all the hard work for you. You can run several email accounts including your ISP from the same program.

For most of them it can work out all the connection problems for you all you need to do is provide your email address and password once

https://www.thunderbird.net/en-GB/
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 12:24 PM

Hi MOrticia - OK now you've finished all that - come on come on we'll continue with browsers 102 - and stop chewing in class!!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top