Join for free
Page 178 of 178 « First < 78 128 168 176 177 178
Roxy
Scotland.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 05:55 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

I didn't make it to the pool for my early morning swim today, not like me at all. I woke up looked at the clock and said "sod it" and went back to sleep.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Hull, UK
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I didn't make it to the pool for my early morning swim today, not like me at all. I woke up looked at the clock and said "sod it" and went back to sleep.
Don't worry about it, Roxy. We all get days like that.
I've actually felt great sometimes and gone to the gym only to spend about ten minutes there and gone home again.

Just imagine how much more energy you'll have next time you go swimming after a rest.
Missy
The Beautiful Glens Of Antrim
Missy is female  Missy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Today, 06:28 AM

Roxy I don’t blame you. I was the same Thursday I was so tired that although I still went out and walked, only done 2 miles, didn’t enjoy it and must have dropped my water bottle a dozen times

So I took Friday and Saturday off , both nights saw me sound asleep on the sofa by 8pm

[LQ I was feeling very inspired by your post , kudos to you . You and Floydy have definitely got me thinking

However it’s staying at the thinking stage a while longer

Seriously we have just this week started the summer season in work and if the last three days are any indicator of what’s ahead, just being up right at the end of a shift will be as good as it gets lol

I suffered a new torture yesterday - 250kg of onions through a bacon slicer. 4.5 hours it took. My arms are so sore today It’s a big old heavy thing and it takes both arms to push and pull and only two onions fit at a time

Still at least both arms got a work out, usually it’s only my right arm putting around 200kg of carrots , parsnip and turnip through a baton press

And all the lifting and carrying that involves

I’m thinking by the end of summer I shall have Floydy’s muscles without need of a gym lol

Back out pounding the roads tonight. Going to be interesting as the rain has set in and so far not been out in the wet but if I don’t go tonight, because I’m so tired I’m very close to the ‘sod it’
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Today, 10:46 AM

Good morning keep fitters, have we all been out 'Doin' our theng?'
I'm not making excuses............Well actually I am......
But on Friday afternoon I suffered an attack of the sneezes, it carried on, on and off, All Friday. Although I've never suffered with hay fever I guessed something had irritated my nasals. But after waking with a sore throat on Saturday (my birthday incidentally) I realised it was probably a summer cold.

After having a fab birthday yesterday, incorporating some decent walking and not suffering too much trouble with the piriformis, I rose this morning at six to a clear blue sky and temperatures hovering around 20*C. It looked like I would have a decent run albeit tough in the heat.

So I led out very cautiously indeed. My right leg (the side of the faulty piriformis) felt very tight and cumbersome, but that's nothing new and it usually loosens off after the first mile. Today it didn't though and I had to carry it all the way round my six mile course. Fortunately, the steady pace kept my temperature down, and after hardly breaking a sweat or getting out of breath I arrived home in a poor time but in good health.

I felt that I could have gone round again, but only at the tortoise pace I had managed the first time round.....I didn't go round again, instead I collected my drink and was satisfied that it was 'Job Done' for today........
Thanks Floydy for your birthday wishes on my birthday thread....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Hull, UK
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Today, 09:30 PM

Hi
Just noticing OGF being all alone in here today. Bob, it was great to hear that your birthday went well. Those photos on that thread are superb.
At least you endured a rather sluggish run too, better than doing nothing mate, and as you say, the heat doesn't help.
Good effort though all the same

Missy, you are throwing those spuds and onions around like there's no tomorrow. Good exercise in itself that, why do too much more if your work is keeping you fit and active.

I haven't trained this weekend. The festival was yesterday and we all enjoyed that, so today it was just nice to chill out. Gym tomorrow I expect, pending school run duties if needed!

Where's Surfermom? I expect you'll check back in soon, Suzie
Lion Queen
West Yorkshire
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Today, 09:32 PM

Just a walk around the shops and a 45 minute swim today. Back to gym, swim and dog walk tomorrow
Page 178 of 178 « First < 78 128 168 176 177 178

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top