Join for free
Page 177 of 370 « First < 77 127 167 175 176 177 178 179 187 227 277 > Last »
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 10:03 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Floydy, my comments were meant in jest, and they were not directed at you personally and I'm sorry if you thought they were. I have the greatest respect for you, and all the hard work you put into your training, the same as we all do on here. Our respective forms of exercise are as individual and unique as our circumstances and are tailored around our lifestyles. Therefore I would never criticise or advise on anyone else's exercise regime.

Holding a job down (especially nights) and still maintaining a high level of fitness is so difficult, I was also in the same situation as you for many years, and it is testament to your resolution and dedication, and as such, you are the last person I would identify as being lazy. I hope we can put this unfortunate episode behind us and continue to contribute to this very successful thread. I apologise for any unintentional hurt caused ....

Excellent post Foxy, puts everything into perspective and very eloquently expressed.

Floydy you're well loved and admired by many on the site...and especially on this thread.

I'm sure we all hope to see you back here very soon x
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 01:39 PM

For the sake of the thread and to clarify where I am at the moment, I have sent a PM to OGF. This is private of course and hopefully we will not see a repeat of my sense of humour failure again. I am sorry I have tarnished the thread.
As this sin't anybody else's business, I ask for no general response to this post.
Thank you.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 08:03 PM

Had an appointment with a gym instructor tonight at 4.30pm. I have been going to the gym for a while now but I only ever tend to do cardio work. However, at the weekend I was wanting to go on the muscle work equipment to help me tone up but its such a long time since I used it I had forgotten how to use most of the equipment so I asked for an instructor to give me a refresher.

He has worked out a programme for me, the programme going like this:

Abductor - 15kg 3 x 15

Leg Curl - 15kg 3 x 15

Shoulder Press - 5kg 3 x 10

Lateral Pull Down 15kg 3 x 10

Chest Press 5kg/10kg - 3 x 10

Arm Extension - 10kg 4 x 10

Arm Curl - 5kg 3 x 10

Leg Press - 20kg 3 x 15

Leg Extension - 10kg 4 x 10

Blue Box Sit Down Stand Up - 20 x 3

Tonight because it was the first time I only did one set of each exercise.

I then did 10 minutes on the bike, 10 minutes treadmill, 10 minutes cross trainer then I did 20 lengths of the pool which took me about 25 minutes.

I'm expecting to be aching a bit in the morning, hope I can get out of bed lol.

I actually feel fabulous after my workout tonight and looking forward to getting my teeth into my new workout regime.

Floydy, watch out, you have a competitor haha. Only joking.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Had an appointment with a gym instructor tonight at 4.30pm. I have been going to the gym for a while now but I only ever tend to do cardio work. However, at the weekend I was wanting to go on the muscle work equipment to help me tone up but its such a long time since I used it I had forgotten how to use most of the equipment so I asked for an instructor to give me a refresher.

He has worked out a programme for me, the programme going like this:

Abductor - 15kg 3 x 15

Leg Curl - 15kg 3 x 15

Shoulder Press - 5kg 3 x 10

Lateral Pull Down 15kg 3 x 10

Chest Press 5kg/10kg - 3 x 10

Arm Extension - 10kg 4 x 10

Arm Curl - 5kg 3 x 10

Leg Press - 20kg 3 x 15

Leg Extension - 10kg 4 x 10

Blue Box Sit Down Stand Up - 20 x 3

Tonight because it was the first time I only did one set of each exercise.

I then did 10 minutes on the bike, 10 minutes treadmill, 10 minutes cross trainer then I did 20 lengths of the pool which took me about 25 minutes.

I'm expecting to be aching a bit in the morning, hope I can get out of bed lol.

I actually feel fabulous after my workout tonight and looking forward to getting my teeth into my new workout regime.

Floydy, watch out, you have a competitor haha. Only joking.
Lion Queen - This is fantastic! It's great to have a protégé to discuss likeminded exercise traits with. The exercises you began with last night are all familiar to me, indeed nearly all of them I currently do as part of my own routines Three sets of mainly light-ish weights over a variety of exercises is a great way to familiarise yourself. When you become more confident, and stronger on these exercises, you may do more sets/weight/reps and find it easier to do a "split" - doing similar muscle groups on specific days. I.e. the "PPL" scenario whereby you do three separate days: Push, Push and Legs. You will see above from the exercises you did yesterday which suit which description. In other words, 'Push' exercises consist mainly of the chest, shoulders and triceps. 'Pull' utilises the back and biceps, and legs are self-explanetary.

Having a PT working with you initially is essential if you're new to this apparatus or haven't used it for a while as you are exercising muscles which may be utilised for the first time in such a way, and you will undoubtedly be rather stiff for a few days in certain places! That is normal and means you are waking those muscles up after so long being dormant and they will become stronger once more.

I'm pretty amazed too that you were still in a fit state to perform a load of cardio as well as some swimming. There's no let up with you is there?!

Anything I can help you with, please let m know. Good on you!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Excellent post Foxy, puts everything into perspective and very eloquently expressed.

Floydy you're well loved and admired by many on the site...and especially on this thread.

I'm sure we all hope to see you back here very soon x
Seconded.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

12-07-2018, 05:05 AM

Thanks all.
I'm going nowhere
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 06:50 AM

Oooo, I do love seeing all these ladies on this thread!

Lion Queen! What a fantastic workout you had! Very smart to seek out a little expertise in crafting a workout. I too, am very impressed that you followed up your strength workout with all of that cardio. I'll be interested in hearing from you about which exercises you enjoy most and which ones seem to be most effective.

Missy, while I am one of the three people on the planet who has yet to see Game of Thrones, I am just astounded with how beautiful that part of the country is.

As it is nearly 1 AM, I am about ready to keel over after a long day, but I did squeeze in a quick round of step aerobics followed by a run on the beach at low tide. With a flat, firm running surface, a nice little sunset in the distance, I made the best of it, though the Willets, sandpipers, and plovers outraced me the entire distance. I'm still hobbling along, but the satisfaction waiting for me at the finish made it all worthwhile.v
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

13-07-2018, 05:29 PM

Well done, Suzie on your little jaunt around the nature trail. All adds up you know Othewiwse, it's rather quiet in here of late...

My “weekend” session today was a good one. As always, I can’t stick to any given plan for more than a couple of workouts and this one saw me take a sabbatical from my usual balls-out repping-till-you-drop nonsense in favour of a near dozen of pretty standard fare sets of 5 (plus an extra one of the obligatory bigger reps of course). Loved every minute.

Friday, 13/6/18:
(All weights in kgs)

DB bench press:
10x22’s, 6x26’s, 6x30’s, 6x30’s, 3x32’s
12x18’s

Lat pulldown, underarm grip:
20x35, 10x45, 10x50, 8x60, 6x70
25x30

Single DB press (lying on bench, one DB, interlocked hands under the inner top end, push up and down – abracadabra…“The Floydy Press” of yore!)
33x50, 28x50, 24x50, 22x50, 21x50, 22x50 = 150 reps.
*I haven’t done this exercise for some time and I was quite surprised, nay, amazed at how light this 50kg weight felt. I must have gained some strength somewhere along the line as this is easily the best performance on this exercise I’ve ever done. It’s just a shame there are no dumbbells heavier than this at my gym. Only one thing for it next time: More reps per set.

Shoulder press:
10x40, 6x60, 6x70, 4x80, 3x90
20x30

Standing DB curl (slowly across chest to shoulder, paused at top):
6x14, 6x14, 6x16, 6x16, 6x18
12x12

Seated BB curl (inclined bench, lift to top and held):
10x25, 10x25, 10x25, 10x25, 10x25, 10x25,
*Lovely warm-up for the biceps for the following exercise.

E-Z preacher curl, close grip, low pull:
6x38, 6x43, 6x48, 6x53, 3x58
25x18

Cables:
Downward pull:
10x30, 10x30, 10x30, 5x35, 5x35
15x20
Hi-pull bicep ‘pose’ curls:
12x20, 12x35, 8x30, 8x35, 6x40
15x15
*I’m no big fan of cables as the plastic grips are too small for my unfeasibly big hands, but my gym now has some new rope-type ones which are much more suitable for my shovels.

Sled (horizontal) leg press:
60x120
*Just a very quick set on this as I may not make my regular Sunday session this week due to being at a festival tomorrow. We’ll see what the after-effects of that are come that morning in question.

Tricep extensions:
15x30, 15x40, 10x50, 10x60, 10x70
50x25

Time: 50 mins.

Overall today I was feeling very strong indeed, God knows why. Anyway, I can’t knock it. Still some life in these old ligaments and sinews yet!

Thanks for reading, now to get back to the questions thread and face the music
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 05:36 PM

Now you motivated me to go up to the gym and get on with my little programme! Good workout there lad
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

13-07-2018, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Now you motivated me to go up to the gym and get on with my little programme! Good workout there lad
Thanks Lion Queen.
Have a great workout and remember, enjoy yourself whilst doing it

Page 177 of 370 « First < 77 127 167 175 176 177 178 179 187 227 277 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top