Join for free
Page 178 of 370 « First < 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 228 278 > Last »
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 05:55 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

I didn't make it to the pool for my early morning swim today, not like me at all. I woke up looked at the clock and said "sod it" and went back to sleep.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I didn't make it to the pool for my early morning swim today, not like me at all. I woke up looked at the clock and said "sod it" and went back to sleep.
Don't worry about it, Roxy. We all get days like that.
I've actually felt great sometimes and gone to the gym only to spend about ten minutes there and gone home again.

Just imagine how much more energy you'll have next time you go swimming after a rest.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 06:28 AM

Roxy I don’t blame you. I was the same Thursday I was so tired that although I still went out and walked, only done 2 miles, didn’t enjoy it and must have dropped my water bottle a dozen times

So I took Friday and Saturday off , both nights saw me sound asleep on the sofa by 8pm

[LQ I was feeling very inspired by your post , kudos to you . You and Floydy have definitely got me thinking

However it’s staying at the thinking stage a while longer

Seriously we have just this week started the summer season in work and if the last three days are any indicator of what’s ahead, just being up right at the end of a shift will be as good as it gets lol

I suffered a new torture yesterday - 250kg of onions through a bacon slicer. 4.5 hours it took. My arms are so sore today It’s a big old heavy thing and it takes both arms to push and pull and only two onions fit at a time

Still at least both arms got a work out, usually it’s only my right arm putting around 200kg of carrots , parsnip and turnip through a baton press

And all the lifting and carrying that involves

I’m thinking by the end of summer I shall have Floydy’s muscles without need of a gym lol

Back out pounding the roads tonight. Going to be interesting as the rain has set in and so far not been out in the wet but if I don’t go tonight, because I’m so tired I’m very close to the ‘sod it’
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 10:46 AM

Good morning keep fitters, have we all been out 'Doin' our theng?'
I'm not making excuses............Well actually I am......
But on Friday afternoon I suffered an attack of the sneezes, it carried on, on and off, All Friday. Although I've never suffered with hay fever I guessed something had irritated my nasals. But after waking with a sore throat on Saturday (my birthday incidentally) I realised it was probably a summer cold.

After having a fab birthday yesterday, incorporating some decent walking and not suffering too much trouble with the piriformis, I rose this morning at six to a clear blue sky and temperatures hovering around 20*C. It looked like I would have a decent run albeit tough in the heat.

So I led out very cautiously indeed. My right leg (the side of the faulty piriformis) felt very tight and cumbersome, but that's nothing new and it usually loosens off after the first mile. Today it didn't though and I had to carry it all the way round my six mile course. Fortunately, the steady pace kept my temperature down, and after hardly breaking a sweat or getting out of breath I arrived home in a poor time but in good health.

I felt that I could have gone round again, but only at the tortoise pace I had managed the first time round.....I didn't go round again, instead I collected my drink and was satisfied that it was 'Job Done' for today........
Thanks Floydy for your birthday wishes on my birthday thread....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 09:30 PM

Hi
Just noticing OGF being all alone in here today. Bob, it was great to hear that your birthday went well. Those photos on that thread are superb.
At least you endured a rather sluggish run too, better than doing nothing mate, and as you say, the heat doesn't help.
Good effort though all the same

Missy, you are throwing those spuds and onions around like there's no tomorrow. Good exercise in itself that, why do too much more if your work is keeping you fit and active.

I haven't trained this weekend. The festival was yesterday and we all enjoyed that, so today it was just nice to chill out. Gym tomorrow I expect, pending school run duties if needed!

Where's Surfermom? I expect you'll check back in soon, Suzie
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 09:32 PM

Just a walk around the shops and a 45 minute swim today. Back to gym, swim and dog walk tomorrow
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 04:35 AM

How's the new program going, LQ?. Nice workout, Floydy, and it looks like you are making gains. Are you back to swimming, Roxy?

With a surprise round of guests popping in for a few days, just about everything but entertaining went on the back burner. While everyone was down at the beach I slipped out for a quick, short tun. The heat and humidity were so oppressive that I barely thought about Fourth Toe! I guess that's one positive way to look at these dog days of Summer.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

17-07-2018, 02:42 PM

Hi all
Things are ticking over in here, I guess it's the heat which keeps most of us taking things slightly easier than normal. It definitely is in my case.

I'm planning to visit the gym again tomorrow (Wednesday) as I've been busy with the usual afternoon duties the past couple of days - plus the festival wiped me out on Sunday, so I missed my legs session.

On the subject of the school run, from next week I won't need to do this anymore. Apart from being the school holidays, when my granddaughter returns in September she is lucky enough to have got a place at my grandson's school for Year 4, which she is looking forward to immensely. Coupled with that, my daughter's boyfriend's son will be beginning school after being in nursery (he's 4) and he is starting at that school also.
This means that their mother is able to pick up all three kids at the same time from one place, instead of trying to get to three different buildings at the time! That's why my wife or myself won't be needed for the trip, and also it means my daughter's beau will be able to do a full day's work without interruption too.
I don't mind picking up my granddaughter at all, in fact I'll miss it sometimes, but this will be far more practical for all parties and I'll still see them all often.

For myself though, it means more free time in the afternoons for household DIY etc, which I normally have to do at weekends - plus I will finally have a proper, structured routine for my gym visits
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 04:54 PM

Well I can report my arms have done five miles both today and yesterday lol

Having my phone strapped to my arm so I could listen to music as I worked , it of course counted my arm movements

If only all that transferred through my body ..

Went out last night for a 5 miler and struggled the whole distance. Today I’m asleep on my feet so have called off My walking partner has also struggled this week and we both feel we have been doing too much We try to slow it down but we still seem to walk full pelt we just don’t know how to stroll lol
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 03:50 AM

Missy, too good about your music and arm fitness report! Do you think I could get points for painting? One of the hardest lessons of fitness for me to learn was in regards to recovery. It somehow seemed counterintuitive. Go, go, go, was my mantra, until a misread EKG reported that I had had had a heart attack which sent me like rocket to a cardiologist. While the EKG hadn't been done properly and I was perfectly fine, my new doctor did become a great source of advice as my heart and fitness coach. He suggested that I not only become religious about taking one full day off each week, he also convinced me to reduce my running by fives mile per week. While I was sure it would turn me into walking mush and a result in an extra ten pounds, I found that I was still fit and actually felt a whole lot better. Painfully long story short, good for you for listening to your body!

Floydy, I know that you have enjoyed this special time with your granddaughter, and she will remember it well. You have been overworked for some time and I imagine that this new chunk of time will be welcomed and well-spent.

Yet another downpour clipped my beach run to four miles, but guess what? It is with great joy that I report that Fourth Toe and I have broken up. Yes, I sent him on his way, and now only a nearly normal toe remains where once broken, irritable, moody, and immobile Fourth Toe had lodged for the last month.

Don't mourn, fellow forum fitness friends , as another tale of disaster is alway just a surfboard or running spill away...but for now, blissfully:

Page 178 of 370 « First < 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 228 278 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top