Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 11:31 PM

Asylum seeker found guilty of rape will not be deported

He had no previous convictions, so thatīs okay then !

http://www.thelocal.at/20160128/asyl...ot-be-deported

A 17-year-old asylum seeker who raped a 72-year-old pensioner has been jailed for 20 months

Details of the case were revealed this week when the now 18-year-old from Afghanistan appeared in court.

At the same time, it was revealed that after serving his sentence he will not be deported as the sentence is not more than three years, according to a report in the Kurier newspaper.

The pensioner, whose daughter Sylvia was a helper working with refugees, had been walking her dog alongside the canal in Traiskirchen, where Austria's largest refugee centre is located.

She was attacked last autumn, but police admitted it was not reported at the time to local media because of the sensitivity of the subject.

The 72-year-old woman, identified only as Christina F., said: "It was a really hot day and I decided to take my dog for a walk along the Schwechat River, and saw two young men swimming there."

She said that one of the young men had reached out his hand to her, asking her to help him onto the bank, which she did. She said: "Suddenly, I felt a blow from behind."

She was grabbed and then pushed to the ground, and the attacker put his hand over her mouth and used his other hand to tear off her clothing.

A friend of the old woman, Hans Vesely, 72, said: "The dog that she had with her was 13 years old and was sadly not up to protecting his mistress from the attack."

The badly injured woman, who weighs just 48 kilos (7.5 stone) and had been unable to fight the men off, managed to get herself home where she locked the door. She was found later by a friend who saw her bruises from the beating, and she confessed what had happened.

"She is not the same woman anymore. She doesn't trust being left on her own and does not leave home, and she's become very weak since the incident," Vesely said.

The attacker was only caught because he committed another crime after the rape, and was forced to give a DNA sample. The DNA sample provided matched the one found on his elderly victim, and he was arrested.

The teenager, identified only as Wahab M., initially denied the rape, claiming that he was drunk and could not remember what happened. In addition, his friend who was also arrested told police he had not seen anything.

Because at the time he was only 17 years old, Wahab M. was punished by the youth court where the maximum sentence is five years, but because he had no previous convictions and eventually admitted the rape in the face of the DNA evidence, it was reduced to 20 months. The shorter length of sentence means he will not face deportation.

Interior Ministry officials said that last year 3,278 asylum applicants were deported, but in almost every case it was because their application had been rejected. Of those deported, less than a handful of them were sent back because of a criminal conviction.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 11:41 PM

Re: Asylum seeker found guilty of rape will not be deported

Disgusted.
He's scum whoever he is. Are 72 year old ladies now no longer safe?

Is it normal in Austria for a rapist to only get 20 months imprisonment or is it another concession for refugees so he can keep within the three year rule and avoid deportation.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 11:54 PM

I notice there is no mention of what the second crime was.

"The attacker was only caught because he committed another crime after the rape, and was forced to give a DNA sample. The DNA sample provided matched the one found on his elderly victim, and he was arrested".

Iīm hazarding a guess at "special refugee treatment".
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 11:57 PM

Taking a lead from the UK's example obviously, do what you want, get a minimum jail sentence then be allowed to stay. The whole system sucks.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 12:14 AM

I think in the UK its a 12 month sentence or more then the criminal can be removed unless they are an EEA member or under 18 at the time of the crime.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 12:16 AM

Scum like that belong in the oubliette .....
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I think in the UK its a 12 month sentence or more then the criminal can be removed unless they are an EEA member or under 18 at the time of the crime.
And therein lies our undoing.
All conditions and legal niceties to protect the rights of the refugee ..
Whereas I'm still trying to fathom why any country in it's right mind would even want a refugee who is a criminal.

sometimes I wish I was 30 years younger and more feisty ... I'd be getting into politics.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 01:11 AM

You're gonna love this Morticia, sit back and move any loose objects from within your reach.

Are you ready?

This was told by a pal who teaches at a prison in the North East.

If a prisoner is facing deportation, rather than risk a long drawn out court battle the prisoner is offered free airfares to his/her country of origin and Ģ1200 "expenses" if they go voluntarily, the prisoner agrees.

Why? Because if they go voluntarily they can return, unhindered after 3 months, they treat it as a holiday, spend the money and return.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

05-02-2016, 01:12 AM

It sounds very much as if the crime he committed after raping the 72 year old lady was also of a sexual nature, why else would a DNA sample have been taken? Europe is becoming a very unsafe place.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

05-02-2016, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
You're gonna love this Morticia, sit back and move any loose objects from within your reach.

Are you ready?

This was told by a pal who teaches at a prison in the North East.

If a prisoner is facing deportation, rather than risk a long drawn out court battle the prisoner is offered free airfares to his/her country of origin and Ģ1200 "expenses" if they go voluntarily, the prisoner agrees.

Why? Because if they go voluntarily they can return, unhindered after 3 months, they treat it as a holiday, spend the money and return.

I remember being told that quite some time ago, you quite simply couldnīt make it up !

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top