Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
cbrown372
Scotland
cbrown372 is female  cbrown372 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 09:15 AM

Re: New Beauty Section?

If you are seriously looking for a product to use for thinning hair my daughter recommends Mane and Tail found on Amazon. It is really for horses but recommended by hairdressers and works well.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The boring scientific view.

This stuff works, minoxidil.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minoxidil

You can get the generic stuff, but unless you feel confident messing around with it, Regaine is available from Boots or online.

Notice the price difference between the 5% strength for men and 2% for women.

You ladies are getting ripped off.
Hi Swimmy, I was put off Minoxidil when I first came across it a few years ago. I wasn't prepared to (perhaps) put up with the side effects that might happen. The possibility of making it worse at the beginning was a definite no no... not to mention the constant cost of it, as I understood you need to use it all the time or the hair would start shedding again.
But thanks for your suggestion.

Originally Posted by Meg ->
For shiny hair try eating lots of almonds
I eat them for my health not beauty .
One of the side benefits is thick silky hair.
I eat about 500g a week.
I don't want shine Meg I just want a bit more hair
I do eat almonds and I can honestly say they've done nothing for my hair

Originally Posted by cbrown372 ->
If you are seriously looking for a product to use for thinning hair my daughter recommends Mane and Tail found on Amazon. It is really for horses but recommended by hairdressers and works well.

I've not heard of Horses Mane and Tail.... my mind was boggled after reading your post - I was imagining rubbing myself down like horses are rubbed down,
So I Googled. I might just give it a whirl, I see I can get it in Boots and Superdrug. Thank you cbrown.

I use 3 or 4 thickening (I say that lightly ) shampoos and wash first with Vosene (which I love) and then the last wash with whichever thickening shampoo I have at the time.

My hair is fine and tends to look better when it's got a build up of a spritzer spray I use, also Batiste dry shampoo makes it look better too. Some shampoos make it too soft and it looks worse.

Again, thanks for the suggestions folks.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Now listen 'ere dongle, you can 'oppit for a start!

BTW, when you men have shaved, do you use anything on your skin?

And what about the old Grecian 2000?
I have recently started using aftershave balm but that's because I buy cheap razors (why are razors soooooo expensive?)
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
For shiny hair try eating lots of almonds
I eat them for my health not beauty .
One of the side benefits is thick silky hair.
I eat about 500g a week.
I have heard that almond oil is also good for hair.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

23-10-2017, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by cbrown372 ->
That made me laugh cbrown, whether it works or not - the chances are you will win the Derby.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top