Join for free
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 09:04 AM

Re: Ugly Looney Labour Anti-Semitism Rears Again

Did anyone on here actually see this ?

I did, and to be fair she was giving an example of a joke from a hospital rag mag of years ago. Maybe to promote her book as it was used by her to give an example of how jokes used to be and how she found them offensive.
Admittedly I was taken back when she used it as an example, but I also thought that Andrew Neil shut her up because they were running out of time, he had a guest he wanted to interview and Harriet Harman had already had long enough to talk.

Not even a joke in my opinion and Harriet obviously didn't find it funny either, that was her whole point !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBJF6BTBHDA
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 09:17 AM

Of course it was about concentration camps what else ?
To say otherwise is rediculous .
It was highly offensive IMO and to anyone of any decency .
It was totally unacceptable .
She could have chosen another example if she was so keen to 'make a point' but this is Labour today willing to be offensive to the memory to the one group of innocent people who do us no harm ,suffered so greatly and some of whom are still alive .
Apalling behaviour .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 09:37 AM

Not the Harperson?

I have never liked this vile, Loony idiot. Neil was right to shut her up. Some might think that it is ok for her to recite an offensive joke about Jews but what if the joke had included the N word? Would that have been acceptable too?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 11:07 AM

I'm no fan of her but if simply repeating an example of something and saying you feel it's disgusting etc is offensive now God help us all because the world has finally gone completely mad.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 11:32 AM

The trouble with reciting any such "joke" is that it can lead to a fair few people googling other such "jokes" and bring them back to the fore and "normal parlance".
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The Jamaica joke is funny and certainly not racist.

Any joke about the Concentration Camps and the murder of millions is totally unacceptable.

The two are in no way comparable.
Hear hear.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Did anyone on here actually see this ?

I did, and to be fair she was giving an example of a joke from a hospital rag mag of years ago. Maybe to promote her book as it was used by her to give an example of how jokes used to be and how she found them offensive.
Admittedly I was taken back when she used it as an example, but I also thought that Andrew Neil shut her up because they were running out of time, he had a guest he wanted to interview and Harriet Harman had already had long enough to talk.

Not even a joke in my opinion and Harriet obviously didn't find it funny either, that was her whole point !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBJF6BTBHDA
Nevertheless, I'm sure she has shot herself in the foot and I'm equally sure that most people would have been offended by her stupid 'joke'.

But then, it is becoming increasingly clear that the Loony party is an anti-semitic organisation.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Nevertheless, I'm sure she has shot herself in the foot and I'm equally sure that most people would have been offended by her stupid 'joke'.

But then, it is becoming increasingly clear that the Loony party is an anti-semitic organisation.

The Likud government want every objection to their zionist policy declared anti-semitic. I and many others are not anti-semitic, but I most certainly am anti-zionist!!!
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 12:49 PM

The WHOLE point was to illustrate what was offensive, and it was, wrong time wrong place.
If you want to be offended pop over to the joke section on this very site.

Punchlines such as "Thats not a ring, it's my watch"
Difference between rectal and oral thermometers is taste.

Funny at the right time and the right place..........but intended to offend in the wrong place.
Wonder if the same furore would have ensued if the bad taste jokes from this site had been used as examples ?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm no fan of her but if simply repeating an example of something and saying you feel it's disgusting etc is offensive now God help us all because the world has finally gone completely mad.
The thing is, all jokes are repeated (unless you make it up yourself). Whether they are offensive or not depends on the listener. I agree that the world has gone mad but it's just nice to shove one back in the Loony party's court. Perhaps Harperson can now see how easy it is to unintentionally offend people and how ridiculous it all is. She should play by her own stupid rules.

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top