Join for free
Page 261 of 274 « First < 161 211 251 259 260 261 262 263 271 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 07:42 PM

Re: Floydy's All-Time Top 1000 Favourite Albums

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Floydy my friend that was a mind blowing finale and what better way to end it all but with Pink Floyd of course..
Its been a great ride mate and most enjoyable.
The William Shatner post had me baffled for a brief second or two until I looked at the next post of course.
I reckon you should be given a medal something musical like a
Triangle..
Thank you, Longfellow. I'll have more time to revisit your thread now, and others' too, especially some of Nom's rather strange ones!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Well done Floydy... a marathon of a thread.. brilliant
Originally Posted by solo ->
Out on a high, what more could I have asked for .

Floydy thank you for your months of hard work which has been so much appreciated, especially for the musical memories it has brought back for me personally.
Thank you, ladies. I'm pleased you both found something in there to keep you looking in...could have done with a few more actual posts though
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

25-05-2018, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Great last choice Floydy, I was Fourteen when that album was released, most perspectives change over the years, your politics, emotions etc, but the message in that album still is as valid now as in 1973.
Originally Posted by Nom ->
Im dissapointed, sorry but it was the day the Floyd sold, out ,for me much prefer the Wall.

Never mind congrats on finishing this monster.
Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Disappointing ending for me as I think there are far better albums around than Pink Floyd's, but well done, Floydy, for getting through it all.

My favourite album is In The Aeroplane Over The Sea which is 17 in Bestever's overall chart...and no Radiohead or Ryan Adams, The Band?
Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Well done Floydy......Great achievement and be careful as you emerge in to the daylight after months of being hunched over your computer in a darkened room feverishly compiling your tunes .

Like some others, I am completely underwhelmed by your top choices, Joy Division and Sex Pistols excepted.

Too much Floyd, too much mediocrity, too much prog rock.

But.......it's YOUR top ten. .....I was hoping for more variety and something to really inspire me. Didn't happen!
Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Agree - particularly disappointing top 10.
Valid comments guys, and thanks to you all for reading all these months.
Please remember though that it's only my personal taste and that I cannot help it if it doesn't suit your own.
Fact is though, DSOTM is a massive seller, one of the biggest ever, so a lot of people agree with me.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

25-05-2018, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Hats off to you mate for this monumental thread. Some very interesting choices along the way and a lot of hard work from you.......

I'd have chosen Animals as my fave album of all time, but Dark side of the moon a damn close second...

Others may disagree, but to me Floyd is one of the most unique bands ever. My second would actually be Blondie!

I'd not pretend I like all of Floyds stuff, as I don't - but they remain the most listened to band by me by a long way.
Thanks bud, appreciated
I must admit, Animals still keeps growing on me even after playing it umpteen times since I first bought it in 1982 I think. Since I became "more grown up", I've learned to appreciate songwriting and playing much more, and the thing with that album is that it's very intricate in its execution. I'm thinking even now that I maybe should have put it higher up.

On a similar note, I think the record in here which really should deserve a much higher placing is R.E.M.'s Automatic For The People. Should have been Top 20.

Ta mate.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

25-05-2018, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Magnifying glass?........
I'm a technophobe mate. I took this on my camera late this afternoon after waiting for the wife to go out. Took me about an hour to assemble everything, and another hour to put it all away again.
Took the photo and it came out small and really crap.
Ho hum.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
You must remember Ffosse that these are Floydy's choice of albums and not everyone appreciates the same thing
As I’ve said many times.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Valid comments guys, and thanks to you all for reading all these months.
Please remember though that it's only my personal taste and that I cannot help it if it doesn't suit your own.
Fact is though, DSOTM is a massive seller, one of the biggest ever, so a lot of people agree with me.
Don't get me wrong, I've really enjoyed the thread and found some interesting stuff.

Always pleased when something I treasured came up.....forr example how you placed Deacon Blue so high.

For me not enough MoBo or female contributors e.g. Tracy Chapman. ( but no Proclaimers!) And where was Pink Flag?? I don't remember seeing it.

However, just so you know ....I love DSoTM.......it really is a great album but musically we are in different hemisperes but that isn't what's important.

Well done !!

Btw, please post the whole list.......I need to analyse it properly........As will others!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 08:37 PM

How do I make that photo bigger?
If it is in your album, Find the pic in your album, click on it to make it bigger, then do the usual copy and paste.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 08:42 PM

Can't help what I like guys. Sorry.
You have nothing to apologise for Floydy.

If it was the results of a poll, then perhaps some posters might have some regrets but it is your choice and therefore it's notpossible to be disappointed.

You introduced me to a couple of albums that I might never have known about, Boston's third stage being one of them so I am grateful for that.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 09:07 PM

Floydy, you have got me thinking about favourite twenty albums. I will post them, but, in no particular order, they all mean something, but none more important than the next.

Page 261 of 274 « First < 161 211 251 259 260 261 262 263 271 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top