Join for free
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 08:25 PM

Gina Miller Poking her Nose in again !!

So, Arch Remainer, Gina Miller says she has now changed her mind over a second Referendum on Brexiit. When she was previously accused that this was her sole intention, she flatly denied it, her excuse every time was...." I am in no way trying to subvert the will of the people and turn back the result of the Referendum," arguing instead she campaigns to ensure democratic principles around "How we leave the EU".

Now, however, this interfering nobody wishing a second stab of 15 minutes of fame, no doubt backed by Remainers with deep pockets, as she reportedly was to the tune of tens of thousands of pounds by Richard Branson, another Arch Remainer, in her original campaign in the Supreme court - now says that she is convinced a second Referendum should take place on the final deal and is preparing a new legal challenge in the Supreme Court, this time using The European Union 2011 Act as a defence, because in her words " The people should decide on whether to accept the final deal, refuse the final deal or remain in the EU" Why?........because she says she does not like the approach of the Government and its evacuation tactics from the EU!

Some Legal minds are saying that any withdrawal agreement and any future trade agreement, will effectively replace the existing treaties - and therefore under the terms of the 2011 Act, this will require another Referendum.

Other Legal minds state however, that the EU 2011 Act does not appy to a new set of arrangements between the UK and the EU. They also state that even if true, the 2011 Act created a requirement for a second Referendum, which could be avoided by repealing the Act.

That would mean both Houses of Parliament voting to repeal the Act, but it need not necessarily be particularly difficult.
Or could it?

These questions would be tested in a Court of Law.

Well, we can guess whose side most Judges are on, can't we? They all have vested interests in the EU in one way or another. I wonder what a poll would reveal if taken, solely by Judges,,, Remain or Leave? I would certainly place a bet on that one!*

Is it any wonder many Leavers loathe this self-proclaiming poster girl for Remain, who is quite adept at the pretence of democracy when it is she herself who is eroding our democracy by interfering in a legitimate vote taken by the people of this country.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 08:42 PM

Re: Gina Miller Poking her Nose in again !!

Lol! Sorry but I read this as "picking her nose"
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Lol! Sorry but I read this as "picking her nose"
Great input, Annie.

Gina Miller is everything that's wrong about the establishment elite and it's cronies. Super Rich, unelected, disproportionately benefitting from the consolidation of the country's wealth and assets being funnelled into the hands of a powerful and influential minority.

Of course they don't want the status quo to change!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 09:59 PM

we don't swear but we do use other odd words instead and Gina Miller has been heard during the redecorating of our lounge.several times
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Great input, Annie.

Gina Miller is everything that's wrong about the establishment elite and it's cronies. Super Rich, unelected, disproportionately benefitting from the consolidation of the country's wealth and assets being funnelled into the hands of a powerful and influential minority.

Of course they don't want the status quo to change!
I haven't warmed to her. But I don't want the status quo to change. If it ain't broke... Those who do find it's never quite what they expected. Change for the sake of change is pointless.

Plus our society = our problems. Stop blaming them on the EU. Let's not forget that our Government is to blame for mismanagement.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 10:36 PM

I haven't warmed to her. But I don't want the status quo to change. It it ain't broke... Those who do find it's never quite what they expected. Change for the sake of change is pointless.

Plus our society = our problems. Stop blaming them on the EU. Let's not forget that our Government is to blame for mismanagement.
I'm sure the ones who want the change don't think it's for the sake of it.

Most of them feel they are not benefitting!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

13-02-2018, 11:00 PM

The government won't change though. Whichever side is in power the same ineptitude is the order of the day.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 01:47 AM

I have no time for the woman ! One trouble maker, risen out of nowhere and her movement 'Best For Britain' was bank rolled by George Soros an American billionaire. What's it got to do with him, but there again what has he got to do with all the NGO's that operate all over the world ? He bank rolls them too, as do the so called 'Foundations' , and they're all tied up together along with the CIA, and various others !
It's quite horrific the way they all operate together for the downfall of governments, and countries for regime change, and specific for other reasons too.
We should be very wary about all this, it's just the tip of something a lot bigger if the Brexit is stopped in it's tracks.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

14-02-2018, 09:12 AM

There's nothing sinister. They are just trying to maintain the status quo, which is a safe, affluent and economically/socially stable society. The alternative is chaos and political fragmentation. Some are trying to introduce communism on the back of it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 10:04 AM

There's nothing sinister. They are just trying to maintain the status quo, which is a safe, affluent and economically/socially stable society. The alternative is chaos and political fragmentation. Some are trying to introduce communism on the back of it.
Safe affluent economically stable ? Where you live obviously, try looking around you at the chaos, poverty and danger others live in.

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top