Join for free
Page 27 of 28 « First < 17 25 26 27 28 >
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 11:55 PM

Re: Gina Miller Poking her Nose in again !!

This news seem to be plastered all over the French new sites. Inspired by Mr Macron and his political party of last year, En Marche (On the Move).
I wouldn't mind betting it will be a political party that will eventually join forces with En Marche and then the British vote would be combined with the French, if these people get their wicked way.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
You obviously never watch it.
Let's just say, you know nothing about me.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
This news seem to be plastered all over the French new sites. Inspired by Mr Macron and his political party of last year, En Marche (On the Move).
I wouldn't mind betting it will be a political party that will eventually join forces with En Marche and then the British vote would be combined with the French, if these people get their wicked way.
It's difficult to understand how these people can act in this way when many of our men lost life and limb in defending their country against the Germans who, rather sickly, they are now sucking up to.

I think that says a great deal about the French although, to be fair, I'm sure not all of them.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

20-02-2018, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
It's difficult to understand how these people can act in this way when many of our men lost life and limb in defending their country against the Germans who, rather sickly, they are now sucking up to.

I think that says a great deal about the French although, to be fair, I'm sure not all of them.
You have to remember a lot of the votes came from those who had foreign roots, the reason London got the most votes to remain. So they wouldn't think much about the war and sacrifices made for the native Brits, would they ?

To be perfectly confused, the fact it's all over the French news outlets , they must be pretty excited. Now is that because they're blowing their own trumpet , Macron style, or because they really want to keep the Brits in EU ? Somehow, I don't think the latter would be correct going by the history between the two countries, but they might just want our money. (save them paying more or getting Soros involved to cause disruption with the ECB)
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 01:23 AM

You have to remember a lot of the votes came from those who had foreign roots, the reason London got the most votes to remain. So they wouldn't think much about the war and sacrifices made for the native Brits, would they ?
Yes, you're perfectly correct, I'm sure. That makes a lot of sense.

To be perfectly confused, the fact it's all over the French news outlets , they must be pretty excited. Now is that because they're blowing their own trumpet , Macron style, or because they really want to keep the Brits in EU ? Somehow, I don't think the latter would be correct going by the history between the two countries, but they might just want our money. (save them paying more or getting Soros involved to cause disruption with the ECB)
I suspect, and have said so before, that I believe that the French are jealous of us after all the occasions when they have been shown up by us (Crecy, Agincourt, Waterloo, etc.) and would like to make up for that by imagining themselves as being superior to us in some way!

On the other hand, I'm sure it is true that they would hate to lose our 'contributions', as that would mean them having to help make up the shortfall or perhaps lose some of the financial benefits of their sharing the running of the EU with the Germans.

In either case, I would certainly never trust the French.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 10:23 AM

You only have to realise what a cash cow we are for them PD that IMO explains their needing us to stay. They don't like us and we are a terrible thorn in their sides always moaning but we are among the only ones paying anything in. Where will they get the money after we leave ?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

20-02-2018, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Where will they get the money after we leave ?
France and Germany.

In my humble opinion, it should really be France. That's nothing to do with my personal dislike of the Frogs, but if you research the nett payments of the EU countries you'll see that the Frogs pay a hell of a lot less than we do, despite our having similar population numbers.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 10:53 AM

You only have to realise what a cash cow we are for them PD that IMO explains their needing us to stay. They don't like us and we are a terrible thorn in their sides always moaning but we are among the only ones paying anything in. Where will they get the money after we leave ?
It seems that TM is getting the message.

The DT, today, is reporting that TM, this week, will refuse to make any agreed payments until suggested concessions are made.

About Time!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
France and Germany.

In my humble opinion, it should really be France. That's nothing to do with my personal dislike of the Frogs, but if you research the nett payments of the EU countries you'll see that the Frogs pay a hell of a lot less than we do, despite our having similar population numbers.
Which explains why they want us to stay and are getting desperate about it IMO
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

20-02-2018, 11:10 AM

Which explains why they want us to stay and are getting desperate about it IMO
Of course.

Page 27 of 28 « First < 17 25 26 27 28 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top