Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 04:27 PM

How do you handle conflict?

I have responded to many posts in the past in the way I felt at the time; but, I also see that waiting and seeing how things play out may be a better course of action.

I do have to say though it's often hard not to react and say how pissed or hurt I am..... but, maybe there is a better way?

Opinions?

I am here to learn, but I need your help.
Serious replies only will be appreciated. Thanks
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 04:29 PM

Re: How do you handle conflict?

The best way is not to get hurt in the first place Blueberry.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 04:33 PM

I say what I think, but don't rarely let people get to me, especially on forums. I have enough going on in my real life, not to take anything people say to be to heart, however unpleasant they are.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 04:33 PM

I'd say just to anyone , say what you think.
You might not be liked for it at the time but at least you are been true to yourself and giving an honest opinion.
Folk know where they stand with you and either love you or loathe you for it.

For some who prefer a quieter experience on the web it can come more natural to be more of a spectator, which doesn't mean they having nothing to say .... they are just more discriminating at what, how or when they say it.
Or more likely curling up with shocked horror or having a fit of giggles over the antics of braver, rasher or dafter souls who haunt social sites.

Each to their own.
We're all different personalities but over the years I have come to the conclusion you have to develop a thick skin.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 04:35 PM

I take a break Blueberry, I am like you though in that I take things to heart which is silly really. I'm not sure why we do that. I stay away for a while then give myself a talking to and realise what a twerp I am. You have to laugh at yourself sometimes
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 04:35 PM

I always think you should form you opinion, then take a few minutes break before you type your post.
When emotions run high you tend to word your post differently, but when you have thought it through a few times, you find a way to say what you think without all the overriding emotions... so your view seems more balanced.

How many times have we argued with somebody and said the wrong thing, the wrong way, because we were upset?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I always think you should form you opinion, then take a few minutes break before you type your post.
When emotions run high you tend to word your post differently, but when you have thought it through a few times, you find a way to say what you think without all the overriding emotions... so your view seems more balanced.

How many times have we argued with somebody and said the wrong thing, the wrong way, because we were upset?

And sometimes we misinterpret the written word, so it's good to see how it plays out first.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 04:38 PM

Oh, where's the fun in that. I don't bother with any of that Twink

It's usual for me to hit the keyboard and find my fingers flying to keep up with my brain.

Ps. This is why I try to limit myself on Serious discussion now, such as they are on here, as I can get carried away which some folk find overbearing.
I thought I'd become a philanthropist or philosopher and go change the world instead.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

01-03-2018, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

It's usual for me to hit the keyboard and find my fingers flying to keep up with my brain.
Of course. Sometimes conflict can be fun too.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

I know Morty, we have crossed swords a few times. But I also know that one differing opinion won't come between us!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top