Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 12:49 PM

Re: Do you have an ipad what do you use it for.

The Air 2 is the most up-to-date out of those so that is what I would get.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I wish to get a medical device and it requires either a smartphone or tablet in order to download an application to operate the device.

I don't have either and am happy with my little basic mobile phone so don't think I want a smartphone .
So it would have to be an ipad and only certain models are compatible so a reconditioned one (which also costs a lot less than a smartphone).

So my question is, what do you use your ipad for ...
Also what size is it, will 32gb be sufficient for my basic needs.

Is the device and software American?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
Is the device and software American?
Hi Treg yes originally but it has been approved by NICE to be used here.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 11:19 PM

As I said in my post, the mini 2 is now no longer receiving updates from Apple

Get the newest you can and you should get a good lot of years from it

Don't discount the mini as it being small makes it so much easier to carry around, it even fits in larger pockets

Once you see how much you use the iPad for you will understand iPads users enthusiasm for them
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 09:11 AM

Mrs mart has an iPad 3 and a Surface Pro 4. She uses either quite happily. Both are just tablets that do computer operations. Good for their portability I suppose.

I find that when there are tasks to be done such as scanning, editing, writing letters ..almost anything really, most people visiting here don't use their phones or tablets. They ask if they can use my Desktop computer with its 24" screen, mouse and large keyboard. In fact, they sometimes come here purely to do that.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 05:07 PM

Absolute truth...I bought an iPad,the 'latest greatest' seven months ago.
It's 9.7",128gb,lastest ios,blah,blah...and it sits totally unused over to my right as I sit here,back in it's box. It got taken out,charged,started-was looked at for all of three minutes,thought "Y'gotta be joking!" went back in it's box...hasn't seen daylight since. There's even a totally unused new h/d jacket,bought for it at the same time,sat with it. Nahhh...Linux Roolz.
I suppose I'll get round to posting it on ebay-but honestly,I just can't be ar... - er bothered.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
It's 9.7",128gb,lastest ios,blah,blah...and it sits totally unused over to my right as I sit here,back in it's box. It got taken out,charged,started-was looked at for all of three minutes,thought "Y'gotta be joking!" went back in it's box...hasn't seen daylight since. There's even a totally unused new h/d jacket,bought for it at the same time,sat with it. Nahhh...Linux Roolz.
I suppose I'll get round to posting it on ebay-but honestly,I just can't be ar... - er bothered.
When I first got mine, the same happened, but once I took the time to get to know it, I can’t put it down!
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
I have to ask, but why???
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2018, 02:21 AM

Well,it seems to me,from my uneducated,non-computorial,caligraphically orientated point of view,that 'pon purchasing anything 'Apple' one automatically buys into the Apple prison exercise yard. In as much as,one can see out past the high,reinforced Apple fences at all the various apps and accoutrements one may need/require;particularly those of a mathematical nature...but unless purchased through,or at least sanctioned by,the Apple empirical dollar stackers,none of the various requirements regarding one's work one may have-which is why one bought the damned machine in the first place-are available from within the Apple fences. Those various programmes,although they're accessible and available on Linux,Windows,Ubuntu,Android et-al,are verboten to Apple laptop users. Unless,of course,those users are willing to A/pay through the nose for a mathematical fraction-invertionalisation parameter scanner...[which is free on Linux],or B/code-break the laptop,thus revoking any warranty.
Apple insist this is to maintain security levels at a high standard...but Apple,as no doubt you're aware,use a multi-cluster codec that is extremely simple in it's basing variances. Ergo,it's all about the kerching,NOT security. Er...I'll stfu now,before Sweet Pea dies of shame...
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2018, 08:23 PM

Do you use Linux all the time on your computer Pug?

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top