Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 12:10 PM

Re: De-extincting mammoths

Thank you, LongDogs.

That is the exact painting I was trying to download. Thrilling !

How could any person with any soul object to seeing a real-life herd of such magnificent creatures ?
Toorbulite
Australia
Toorbulite is male 

20-06-2018, 12:30 PM

Horny !
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->

How could any person with any soul object to seeing a real-life herd of such magnificent creatures ?
Easily if meant an animal is not brought back purely for commercial reasons to be kept in captivity etc.

No point in saying we would do this and that because we can't protect species now.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 01:02 PM

If Man deems himself above Nature and thereby becomes the controller of who and what lives then by the same token he becomes teh controller of who and what dies. You can not have one without the other.

Therefore if Man decides to give life to that which Nature has already removed from the playing filed, then Man too will remove life from the playing field which Nature has not.

That is a dangerous game indeed.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Lovely picture. All that ivory, Dongles, the poachers would think all their birthdays had come at once!
Toorbulite
Australia
Toorbulite is male 

20-06-2018, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
..... if Man decides to give life to that which Nature has already removed from the playing field,
then Man too will remove life from the playing field which Nature has not........
Would that necessarily follow ?
I suspect that the vast majority of human-kind these days are hell-bent on conserving species.

Given the thousands of creatures which have disappeared over the last century or two (yes, thousands),
I reckon there would be a reluctance to even attempt to wipe-out flies and mosquitoes and such -
an understanding now that all things have a role.
Or a possible/potential role.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
If Man deems himself above Nature and thereby becomes the controller of who and what lives then by the same token he becomes teh controller of who and what dies. You can not have one without the other.

Therefore if Man decides to give life to that which Nature has already removed from the playing filed, then Man too will remove life from the playing field which Nature has not.

That is a dangerous game indeed.

Oh. please. Give me a freakin' break. We have been deciding what lives, and what dies for tens of thousands of years. We stand at the apex of the animal kingdom.

All true dogs are the creation of mankind. The Chihuahua wouldn't last 2 weeks in nature. Man created every breed of dog on the planet. The same applies to all of our domestic animals and most of our agricultural products.

To bring back some creature that has gone extinct is a wonderful gift to all mankind. We should be proud.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 02:01 PM

Thank you, LongDogs.

That is the exact painting I was trying to download. Thrilling !

Spooky!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 02:16 PM

Oh. please. Give me a freakin' break. We have been deciding what lives, and what dies for tens of thousands of years. We stand at the apex of the animal kingdom.

All true dogs are the creation of mankind. The Chihuahua wouldn't last 2 weeks in nature. Man created every breed of dog on the planet. The same applies to all of our domestic animals and most of our agricultural products.

To bring back some creature that has gone extinct is a wonderful gift to all mankind. We should be proud.
That gets my vote
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 02:30 PM

I agree Bakerman !

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top