Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2013, 01:21 PM

Hearing

a few weeks ago was told i had a middle ear infection as i was dizzy and lost my hearing in my right ear
and it would be a few weeks till it came back as it was temp
nw its not gone still can not gone
so have to go for a hearing test hope its not permanat
feels like your in a tube talking
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2013, 01:43 PM

Re: Hearing

I had an inner ear infection a good few years ago which made me so dizzy. The dizziness cleared up but I was left with "ringing" in my ears!

Hope your hearing will return.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2013, 04:46 PM

thanks you me two will find out tuesday
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2013, 05:05 PM

Good luck for Tuesday pixie.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2013, 01:11 AM

It is frightening isn't it? I worked in the power industry for nearly 30 years and inspite of wearing hearing protection my hearing has suffered.

One of my son's is in the Navy and he played me a recording of the rapid sonar "bleeps" on his ship to demonstrate how it has changed over the years. As far as I was concerned it was a completely blank recording.

These days I cannot tell the difference between MP3 recordings at the poorest quality and the original CD/record.

I hope your hearing returns fully.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2013, 11:29 AM

Fingers crossed for you on Tuesday pixie
pixie
Canada

23-02-2013, 04:13 PM

Up daate I a. Deaf now I ha e to see if a hearing aid works got a constant hissing and clocking in my ear
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2013, 04:44 PM

I'm not that sure what you are actually on about pixie.

To me it seems that you have had an infection, then a hearing test but you are getting hissing / clicking noises - is that right?

I'm profoundly deaf and I also have tinnitus, which is noises that the brain makes when it doesn't get information (noise) from the ears normally over some frequency ranges.

My noises are a constant high-pitched squeal in my right ear plus many other noises from running water sounds to beeps, clicks and even distant voice-like sounds in one or the other ear - it's very hard sifting through that to hear through my Digital Hearing Aids at the best of times.

Usually, I'm on the outside of conversations now because I simply cannot follow more than one person at a time.

I have to be close and they have to be looking at me without obstructing their faces, especially the lips which I read.
For TV I need subtitles all the time and I can't use a 'phone.
Are you as bad? stevmk2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2013, 04:58 PM

I have suffered with constant tinnitus for years and my hearing isn't good at the best of times. I now wear digital aids in both ears which have helped me a lot.

Fortunately mine is nowhere near as bad as yours Steve, I hope you manage to cope as best you can.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2013, 05:49 PM

I sincerely hope you don't have the prognosis that I have Mags.

My hearing's going completely. No doubt whatsoever about that.

I have the best digital aids going but they are set as high as they can be now but I'm still struggling.

The next step for me, according to our local Audiology, is a cochlear implant - or nothing.

A cochlear implant operation means they cut all stimuli from your ears so, if you can't get on with an implant, tough, it cannot be reversed, even if some new development comes later.

Also, I'll STILL have the tinnitus and it may get even worse. stevmk2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top