Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2012, 12:26 PM

Needle Stick

my sister in law works cleaning in the docters surgary
last week while doing her job she got a needle in her arm
was not didposed of properly the nurse had just thrown it in the bin
my sister in law came up with a rash
my brother has been talking phtos they went to the hosptal
and stayed there 4 hours wiating to see somone
now she has to have blood tests for watching out for heptas
my brother is looking at seing a lawyer she was never given a shot before she went to work there shes now on meds
the persons needle that stuck in her was from a dibetic they told her but there blood was ok
there worring now she should be able to cliam somthing back wll keep you updated
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2012, 02:13 PM

Re: Needle Stick

Any needles used by the nurse, should go straight into a 'contaminated sharps bin'.
That is odd for a nurse to be so negligent.. I wish your sister well, pixie.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

04-06-2012, 03:09 PM

Why are some people's first instinct to sue if something goes wrong? I had a needle stick injury, when I was a young student nurse years ago. It wasn't my fault, but no way would it have occurred to me to sue either!
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2012, 03:19 PM

they were in the wrong cant imagane going through 3 years with that over your head I got stuck with needle two about 15 years ago was at the vets office from my cat
so it is scarry not knowing what will go wrong
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2012, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
Why are some people's first instinct to sue if something goes wrong? I had a needle stick injury, when I was a young student nurse years ago. It wasn't my fault, but no way would it have occurred to me to sue either!
As a nurse you may expect to get scratched by a needle but not as a cleaner. Why first instinct is to sue cos that's the way the western world is now and years ago I don't think the danger of a needle was as scary as it is now.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

04-06-2012, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
As a nurse you may expect to get scratched by a needle but not as a cleaner. Why first instinct is to sue cos that's the way the western world is now and years ago I don't think the danger of a needle was as scary as it is now.
Hmmmmmm!
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2012, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
Hmmmmmm!
thinking about it years ago working as a hospital cleaner we were warned never to put our hands in the waste bins in case of glass, always empty the bin directly into the rubbish bag. Perhaps that would still hold good today. Probably even more so.
pixie
Canada

04-06-2012, 10:13 PM

not shure how she got the needle in her arm
but shes come up with a rash and swelling and is now on some meds for it
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2012, 11:59 PM

Do hope it's nothing to be worried about. Used needles should be put in a safe place.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

05-06-2012, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Gabi ->
Do hope it's nothing to be worried about. Used needles should be put in a safe place.
If this happened in England it should have been put in a Sharps Bin which is then sealed and incinerated and if it wasn't the nurse involved should get at least a severe reprimand

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top