Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2012, 02:18 AM

Re: Needle Stick

it did hapen in England lanishire 2 weeks ago
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2012, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by pixie ->
it did hapen in England lanishire 2 weeks ago
well that is the procedure over here so I'm sure something will be done about it. When I had ops on hands this year had to come off Warfarin and go onto Heparin injections and I was given a Sharps bin then and warned needles MUST go in it and I MUST seal it, they wouldn't touch it at all, even the GPs receptionist wouldn't touch it till they's seen I'd sealed it properly.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2012, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
thinking about it years ago working as a hospital cleaner we were warned never to put our hands in the waste bins in case of glass, always empty the bin directly into the rubbish bag. Perhaps that would still hold good today. Probably even more so.
These days we have 'sharps' disposal bins in doctors' offices and labs. The local coffee shop has one in each washroom as well, which startled me first time I saw one. I would hope people are responsible enough to use them and not create a hazard by improper disposal. If I got stuck I'd be worried and want a clean bill of health asap.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2012, 08:53 PM

thats right Annie its worry for my brother
sister in law talked with my daughter to day whos a nurse she says that should have never happed
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2012, 12:24 AM

I hope he's ok... such a worry til you know for sure.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top