Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2012, 08:40 AM

Re: Windows screens

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Ticks and leeches have been a bit of a bugger the last couple of years with the wet weather.

You have to be careful with ticks though they can paralyse you if you don't get them off - more of a worry with kids - fortunately (or unfortunately?) that variety only exists in the coastal belt (where most people live). If you have animals you check them after a walk anyway.

Having said that all the years I had dog(s) never had a tick on them but I did lose one to a spider bite.
Years ago one of my dogs got a tick on him in Scotland, an old man fishing saw it and stuck his lighted cigarette on it, took the dog to vets when we got home, he found some more which I'd thought were warts and took them out with tweezers and insisted on showing me what they looked like with me keep edging away and him following, told me never to try and pull them out, in case you left the head in.
Friend in QLD has his house sprayed twice a year Ugh!!! Sends me lovely pics of beasties (double Ugh!!!)
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2012, 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
... I get gnats and those very tiny fruit flies that insist on flying straight at you...
Fruit flies get in despite window screens here. I swear they materialize out of thin air the moment I peel a banana.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2012, 01:02 PM

I have to check the Dogs every day for Ticks after we've been up in the Woods. I use Frontline on Dageus but the Wee Scunners still try to attach themselves. I've got Tic Removers and they take the thing out clean. It's usually Deer Ticks, the Sheep don't get Many as The Laird gives them a good Dousing in the Sheep Dip. May just ask him to Swim Dageus through it the next Time lol.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2012, 11:28 PM

It's the daddy long legs yikes we have different bugs here like praying mantas June bugs flying Beatles and things that bite
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2012, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by pixie ->
It's the daddy long legs yikes we have different bugs here like praying mantas June bugs flying Beatles and things that bite
That would be awful -- being bitten by an airborne Paul McCartney or Ringo Starr must be hell.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top