Join for free
Page 100 of 1676 « First < 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 200 600 1100 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2016, 11:17 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

“Eye has not, seen nor ear heard, nor has it entered into the heart of Man, what God has prepared for him” Yes Pug we shall go to the Ball, see you there in the not too near future.

love that latest poem Gumbud, your a darlin man with the words.

Now for something completely different from a Dublin sausage factory.

Watched a documentary about the birth of Hollywood the other night, there were fortunes to be made quickly if you got the right formula, big money up for grabs and immigrants, mostly from Europe, got a steady hold from the start, and their descendants still have plenty of clout in Hollywood today. I always loved the cinema so I’m grateful to everyone involved for all the fun I got from them over the years and now to be able to see some of my favourites again on youtube is fantastic. My Mother and Father were always at the picture house, they loved films, maybe I was conceived in a back seat who knows.

A hundred years of films or more
Have cheered the hearts of many
They lined up at the cinema door
Waiting to pay their penny
Charlie Chaplin swung his cane
Making us all chuckle
Some of his antics were quite insane
When fooling with Fatty Arbuckle
The Keystone Kops kept the law
Albeit a bit messy
Their brand of justice was raw
When arresting Two Ton Tessie
Johnny Weissmuller came much later
He could swim like a fish
He wrestled a fierce aliigator
Who looked like Lillian Gish
Plenty more film folk I should mention
But we didn’t get their names
Credits were paid no attention
Just the action frames.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2016, 12:38 PM

bit of dab hand yaself me lad Jem with the poets pen - pity about the back seat of a cinema!!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2016, 01:49 PM

Some crackers of late
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2016, 03:25 PM

Ahhh,it's poems you's are wanting,
Well,while I'm here at home
I'll sit right down and write one out
Just...don't confuse it with a pome!

[g'waaan-google it...ya KNOW ya want to...]
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2016, 04:08 PM

Lillian Gish was one of the first to get into the Hollywood big time, there were several Gish’s in the business, there was an actress sister called Patricia, Trish Gish who was quite a dish, and didn’t look like a fish. “You will get your little Fishy in a little dishy when the boat comes in” Ain’t that Cap’n Birdseye’s song?

I’m writing a new dictionary inspired by Benny Hill when he was on Mastermind, one question he was asked was what is an Asset, he replied “A little Ass” Very sensible answer when dealing with an impossible language. Please try to help me out in compiling this dictionary for the down to earth folks like meself, all contributions welcomed. Heres a new one for today.

“Gish” is a small cut, as opposed to a “Gash” which is a big cut.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2016, 07:09 PM

The First Cut is the Deepest, that was because the Navvies got knackered, all that manual digging.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 09:25 AM

Here is one I made up JEM

ANAGRAN= similar to ANAGRAM but older.

SCHADENYUNG = similar to SCHADENFREUDE but not Freudian

Hot Jocks= undersized athletic garment

Par Cark= reserved car space for golfers
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

24-09-2016, 12:43 PM

Thank you RJ, some nice ones there.
Digging is next to Godliness Spitty, it’s also good for the soul because it’s very holy, makes one humble too, you never hear two navigators arguing and saying “I am more holier than thou”, no matter how many holes he’s dug, gives you a whopping great thirst as well. Then there was poor old Douglas Clay who was sacked for being too slow.

There was a young navvy called Doug
Who drank tea from a big silver mug
One day in the hole, his mug it got stole
And the thief ended up in the jug.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 12:56 PM

LOCKed up no doubt.

No canals were built mid 20th century, and it wasn't because they had become outmoded, it was because of Flower Power, them Hippies don't DIG holes MAN.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

24-09-2016, 01:37 PM

two celtic chums went for a job for tree fellers, but were turned away cos there wuz only two of them.

Page 100 of 1676 « First < 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 200 600 1100 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top