Join for free
Page 92 of 1676 « First < 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 192 592 1092 > Last »
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2016, 11:25 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

I would,Gumby-but the pooch is camera shy.
OFFICIALLY,he's a Maltese Terrier/Miniature Poodle cross.
UNofficially,he's a bogbrush that's ideal for tripping over due to his habit of being right in the fkn doorway every time I turn round. Bit sad,in reality. He was left in a cardboard box in the middle of a Spanish motorway and avoided being splattered only because his siblings copped it. Then the people who brought him over here got fed up with him and were seen throwing him from the window of a rapidly-moving car out in Sticksville.
Fortunately,the person who observed that incident was our local copper.
So,[cutting out the boring stuff] he now has a home here,with Wiggins the Greyhound,Sod-Off & Bugger-Off Cat,three chickens of dubious lineage,plus Alf,a retired racehorse. Somehow,some way,in a fashion that really wouldn't be believed by anyone from an urban environment,they [WE] all get along just fine. No fuss,no chases,no arguments. I truly don't know HOW it works,but it works. So - meet 'El Roddo',the latest addition to my weird yet somehow close-knit family.....[he even has a Spanish passport,ffs! With his picture in it and everyfink!]
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2016, 11:30 AM

He’s a gorgeous little chap Pug, good on you for making him a home, your heart is in the right place. Our fella was on death row in the dog house when Phyllis fell in love with him and took him home.

Gumbud have a nice break.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2016, 05:25 PM

I don't drive a car myself so it really doesn't effect me, but what annoys me is the ads on the TV for what must be a new company, CARWOW! now I ask you what kind of an idiot came up with that stupid name? "Gee whizz" someone in the think tank said "what a swell title for a used car company, wow, I can just see all the posters up as I walk along the sidewalk, Carwow!, lets go with that guys and gals." Whoever came up with that should be hung on a billboard alongside the other eegit who came up with Brexit, every time thay said that word on the TV and radio I thought they were saying Breakfast. Jayus spare us all from the new crop of name selectors.

Thought for today.

Are You getting old when a slight breeze becomes a draught?
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2016, 01:06 AM

Y'not getting old,Jem,merely preserving what you know to be correct. For me,a real REAL pet hate is when some overpaid prat is spouting a voiceover for an advert and ends it with "Phone oh-eight-double-oh",followed by a number that may well include the null quantification of 'Oh' several more times. I attended 51 schools,for reasons that are unimportant here-and the one thing maths teachers of ALL grades and standards were truly adamant about,was that a zero [known in those far away,long forgotten days,as a 'placeholder digit'] was,is and will ever remain,expressed as a fkn ZERO,not an 'Oh'. Yet,today,in the age of 'LOL' & "OMG",etc,the humble-yet essential-zero no longer seems to exist. It has in fact,come to naught.....[see what I did there? eh?]
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2016, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Y'not getting old,Jem,merely preserving what you know to be correct. For me,a real REAL pet hate is when some overpaid prat is spouting a voiceover for an advert and ends it with "Phone oh-eight-double-oh",followed by a number that may well include the null quantification of 'Oh' several more times. I attended 51 schools,for reasons that are unimportant here-and the one thing maths teachers of ALL grades and standards were truly adamant about,was that a zero was,is and will ever remain,a fkn ZERO,not an 'Oh'. Yet,today,in the age of 'LOL' & "OMG",etc,the humble-yet essential-zero no longer seems to exist. It has in fact,come to naught.....[see what I did there?]
You definitely ZERO’d in on that one pug – I thought zero was the name of a milky bar

His oh’s have come to nothing
Or naught’s been caught outright
He zero’d in on that one
With 1 plus 0 is ten – now where did the effin 10 come from?

Is 1o the same as 10 or is it a naught in training?

Remember the Pink panther “ is that your nert – no I don’t have a nert!

Greetings from the pearly harbor!
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

11-09-2016, 01:25 AM

Wot-ho,young man! Greetings from....well....a tiny island in the depths of "oooh,arrrh" land,where peasants are many-fold and townies are few.

As I recall from those idyllic times,Io is one of Jupiter's moons,whereas 10 is the number of the beast-oops,I mean,the number of our Prime Minister's official dwelling. [same thing really...a turd is a turd,whatever name one gives it,old chap]
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2016, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Wot-ho,young man! Greetings from....well....a tiny island in the depths of "oooh,arrrh" land,where peasants are many-fold and townies are few.

As I recall from those idyllic times,Io is one of Jupiter's moons,whereas 10 is the number of the beast-oops,I mean,the number of our Prime Minister's official dwelling. [same thing really...a turd is a turd,whatever name one gives it,old chap]
now 'ang abaut; ' ang abaut; 'ang abaut; just a mo just a mo just a mo

I thought 666 was the numero of the beast or is that really 000 in disguise with tails on? I know that 777 is the bright light of the morning star - I mean without oh oh oh's were would we be - my financial advisor used to tell me if ya wanna make a mint out of a quid just write down a 1 and keeping adding the oh oh oh's

now talking of Xmas again is an oh oh oh the same as a hearty Hoh hoh hoh. Holy Moses this is doin me head in ROBERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oo7 here
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

11-09-2016, 02:58 AM

......you haven't taken the little blue pills today,HAVE you Gums!
You NAUGHTY deliquent! Next,you'll be telling me that a chap named Carl Gauss invented arithmatic progression! [It would've been arithmetic,but his kneeth were were aching and he had a lithp]
Besides which-as ANYONE of,say,f'instance,Jem's age knows,the oh is a gardingning implement,not to be confused with Santa's oars!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2016, 07:39 AM

it is sad when you go for a day to the Seaside, and know you should be in awe of the waves, the sand, the vastness of it all, strange, when all you see is Bass Turds.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

11-09-2016, 07:50 PM

Never mind,spitty....here,go get a couple of 99's.
[I expect the change back,mind!]

Page 92 of 1676 « First < 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 192 592 1092 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top