Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2014, 07:59 PM

Logging in to Hotmail

Every time I try to access my Hotmail (Outlook now apparently) it comes up with a security statement saying they've made things better. I used to just log in & have not changed my password for years, forgotten what it was. Now I can't log in and I can't renew password or contact them either!
Anyone else having problems?
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2014, 08:08 PM

Re: Logging in to Hotmail

I have been having the same problem, I couldn't get into my e-mail and just got a message that I needed a security code in case I lose my e-mail, and they sent the code to my e-mail, which I couldn't access without the security code.

My e-mail is working again now, but they are sending another reminder in 30 days.

That's not something I'm looking forward to.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2014, 08:08 PM

Just done a check on mine and no problem, Twizard.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2014, 08:18 PM

I rarely use it, but I thought someone may have that e-mail address, like OFF, I can't read any from here and someone said Azz sent one around.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2014, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
I have been having the same problem, I couldn't get into my e-mail and just got a message that I needed a security code in case I lose my e-mail, and they sent the code to my e-mail, which I couldn't access without the security code.

My e-mail is working again now, but they are sending another reminder in 30 days.

That's not something I'm looking forward to.
Mine seems to be working OK so far. Its a good idea to have a different email address which they can contact you in case of problems.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2014, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bird ->
Mine seems to be working OK so far. Its a good idea to have a different email address which they can contact you in case of problems.
I have a different e-mail address, but that is also Hotmail, and I was getting the same message on that one.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2014, 09:05 PM

Oh dear, I see your problem!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

15-07-2014, 09:38 PM

I wouldn't recognize my other addresses, so I couldn't do anything, certainly have made it more secure!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2014, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Every time I try to access my Hotmail (Outlook now apparently) it comes up with a security statement saying they've made things better. I used to just log in & have not changed my password for years, forgotten what it was. Now I can't log in and I can't renew password or contact them either!
Anyone else having problems?
If you haven't used it for a while then why not just create a new account?

If you really want that one back there is a link "Can't access your account?" immediately under the sign in button.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2014, 08:09 AM

I had this problem last week I had to do various security checks including letting them ring me to check who I was, they gave me an 8 figure number to type in and it's been fine since. I did say to Daz (who helped me on the phone) if it happened again I would stop using the service as it's just a throw away email account I can others elsewhere with little trouble.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top