Join for free
Page 11 of 13 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 >
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 10:00 AM

Re: Uncle Joe

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Don't swear at me, I am NOT a member of the Labour Party, I am a Communist!!!

Incidentally, since you're not a Doctor and have little or no knowledge of my medical problem, I would rather take advioce from some-one who ACTUALLY knows what they're talking about!!!
Oh loverly. You must be feeling better, as you seem to be your usual self.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Oh loverly. You must be feeling better, as you seem to be your usual self.

Actually I'm not, my medical problems can be managed, not cured.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 10:34 PM

Actually I'm not, my medical problems can be managed, not cured.
Sorry to hear that UJ, look after yourself.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2017, 12:19 PM

In deepest do,do!!! - Saw Consultant(s) this morning. They are struggling to balance my blood platelet levels - should be above 150,000, yesterday's blood test showed only 51,000. They now want me to have a form of chemo-therapy - an infusion of chemicals that they give to those with kidney/liver cancer. Treatment begins at 08.00 on Friday 21st and continuing every Friday for the following 4 weeks.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2017, 12:35 PM

In deepest do,do!!! - Saw Consultant(s) this morning. They are struggling to balance my blood platelet levels - should be above 150,000, yesterday's blood test showed only 51,000. They now want me to have a form of chemo-therapy - an infusion of chemicals that they give to those with kidney/liver cancer. Treatment begins at 08.00 on Friday 21st and continuing every Friday for the following 4 weeks.
I am so sorry to hear that UJ, but I will say that I went through Chemo, 6 years ago, and I am still glad that I did. It probably wont be the best 4 weeks of your life but, if it works, you will probably feel a lot better than you have.
Best wishes for a good result.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2017, 02:26 PM

UJ, lt all sounds very serious but you seem to be upbeat about it all.
I hope it all goes well for you!

When l was to have a mole removed from my lower eyelid, l was so scared. I asked my friend who was a paramedic for advice. He said, 'Just take it'! I did, and it wasn't as bad as l thought.
That advice has helped me through when l have been frightened of any medical procedure.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

11-04-2017, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
UJ, lt all sounds very serious but you seem to be upbeat about it all.
I hope it all goes well for you!

When l was to have a mole removed from my lower eyelid, l was so scared. I asked my friend who was a paramedic for advice. He said, 'Just take it'! I did, and it wasn't as bad as l thought.
That advice has helped me through when l have been frightened of any medical procedure.

Never been frightened of any medical procedure darlin' - have even had major surgery with just an epidural and was conscious throughout. What is causing aggro, are these tinzaparin injections in my stomach - they bloody 'urt!!! My stomach looks like I've just done 10 rounds with Mohammed Ali - bruises the size of coffee mugs.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2017, 05:34 PM

Keep plugging away Joe. Don't let it get to you. Easy to say I know if you don't have these health issues. We will all worry more about you if we hear you're off your food. Can't see that happening any time soon.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

11-04-2017, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Keep plugging away Joe. Don't let it get to you. Easy to say I know if you don't have these health issues. We will all worry more about you if we hear you're off your food. Can't see that happening any time soon.

That's not gonna happen anytime soon - Doctors have given me further supply of Prednisilone steroids - I'm now PERMANENTLY hungry!!!
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2017, 05:59 PM

O.M.G.! I'm glad I don't have your food bill Joe.

Page 11 of 13 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top