Join for free
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 07:16 PM

Bella

Here's our little puppy Bella, who died the day after the video clip when she ran into out of a park and into traffic. The walk was her first long one off leash, to waterfalls near Abergwyngregyn.

Such a cutie and she's sorely missed, although not by the cat!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170923_191540.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	4349  
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 07:42 PM

Re: Bella

Hi Dex

What a shame, she looks so lovely. I hate hearing stories like that.
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 07:43 PM

So difficult to lose a friend Bella must have brought you lots of happy memories.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 08:25 PM

Thank you for your kindness. It was hard. She was just beginning to get the hang of some key training skills. My mistake was to assume that her recall abilities were more advanced than they were. It was quick, which is some small blessing.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 08:39 PM

Bella looks so sweet, so sorry for your loss
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Adanac ->
So difficult to lose a friend Bella must have brought you lots of happy memories.
Animals certainly do Adanac.
We have lost pets over the years, and they become part of the family.
And it is just like losing a member of the family when one loses one for whatever reason.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 09:08 PM

That is really sad, I'm sorry for your loss. We never let our little dog off the lead when out, apart from the fact it is illegal here, I worry about other peoples dogs and any sudden loud noise that would scare her into just running blindly. We can lose her in the house when loud noises, such as fireworks and thunder, terrify her. She is quite happy on a lead, I guess she feels safe. I sympathise with your loss, it is very hard to lose a much loved pet.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

27-10-2017, 09:44 PM

I've always been against having a puppy but was forced into it through pressure from my daughter and Mrs Dex.

Ironically, when we went to the kennels, Bella "jumped" out (metaphorically) to me and we chose each other and I couldn't really understand why my wife and daughter were bothering to look at any other puppy. Since bringing her home, both of them have had time away (weekends visiting friends) and I was the only one who spent nearly every waking hour in her presence.

In many ways, she saved me if that makes sense. I no longer think about my work situation (view the "proofs" thread). Her demise broke my heart and, weirdly, replaced my ongoing tinge of depression (which is my ilk) with "normal" sadness if you know what I mean.

I was also "forced" to leave the house daily and take her on nice walks.

I'm just glad that she came to us, all too briefly, and hope that if such things do actually happen, that she's out there somewhere making someone else as happy as we were.

Bless her.

She was bonkers though

RIP Bella (26/06/17 - 3/10/17) x
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
I've always been against having a puppy but was forced into it through pressure from my daughter and Mrs Dex.

Ironically, when we went to the kennels, Bella "jumped" out (metaphorically) to me and we chose each other and I couldn't really understand why my wife and daughter were bothering to look at any other puppy. Since bringing her home, both of them have had time away (weekends visiting friends) and I was the only one who spent nearly every waking hour in her presence.

In many ways, she saved me if that makes sense. I no longer think about my work situation (view the "proofs" thread). Her demise broke my heart and, weirdly, replaced my ongoing tinge of depression (which is my ilk) with "normal" sadness if you know what I mean.

I was also "forced" to leave the house daily and take her on nice walks.

I'm just glad that she came to us, all too briefly, and hope that if such things do actually happen, that she's out there somewhere making someone else as happy as we were.

Bless her.

She was bonkers though

RIP Bella (26/06/17 - 3/10/17) x
I understand totally Dex. It takes long time to get over these sad things that happen in life. Even more sad that she was so young but as you say, she briefly brought joy to you and your family and you gave joy to her.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

27-10-2017, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Animals certainly do Adanac.
We have lost pets over the years, and they become part of the family.
And it is just like losing a member of the family when one loses one for whatever reason.
Thanks.

I assume you know the walk we went on.

Wanted to take her on some beaches and especially up in the hills of Penmaenmawr (eg the Jubilee walk as well as from Pen over to Conway via the pass which I'm not even going to try to spell!!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top