Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 02:20 PM

Re: How often do you upgrade your phone?

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
I have never upgraded my phone. It is on old clam shell one of my son’s which I have had for about ten years. I never use it, but do keep it topped up as I take it when out on my scooter with my dog. Just as security if anything should happen. I phone my landline on it once a month to make sure it is still active. I put £5 on it a couple of times a year.
Very frugal and sensible.
Yolande
London, UK
Yolande is female  Yolande has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 02:21 PM

I've an old basic Nokia , I only phone and text. I also have a drawerful of smartphones given by my kids when they've upgraded, but won't ever use them.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
It's definitely an android smartphone...with the right app you would be able to listen to any music you wanted to.

I'm guessing you don't have the latest one, but it's very similar to this: https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gal...2018)-8928.php
I like the look of that, Ffosse. Might get it next year. I stick with Samsung because I'm used to the layout.
Oddly, I don't even play music on my phone.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 02:32 PM

I have my fone on contract and I upgrade as soon as im able to without having to pay out a lot for upgrading sooner.
My present fone does all I need it to,its not an all singing all dancing one tbh I really dont see the point in those at all...
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 02:43 PM

My daughter frequently upgrades her phone, so I always get a free ‘hand me down’ which l am not complaining about. I’m on an iPhone 6s atm!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 02:49 PM

Hi

Guy lives in Taiwan, so gets me phones which are all singing, all dancing at a fraction of the cost they are here.

I find a smartphone invaluable when travelling.

They are smartphone mad in Taiwan, but never buy the expensive brands.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 02:50 PM

Never it's an ancient Nokia .
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 02:53 PM

I keep my phones and cars until they are ready for the scrap heap - reliable and none-the-worse for wear. My kids are keeping me for the same reasons . My phone was also running out of memory.

When I moved into my most recent home, I didn't have the landlines set up because it was exorbitantly expensive for a service that I don't use (and irritated because of spam callers), and actually less reliable in hurricanes.

After I purchased the X just yesterday, discounted because my upgrade was so long overdue. Besides the obvious phone features, I like this phone for the excellent camera, which I use fairly often.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Yearly, every 2 years or longer?

I must admit I am somewhat of a junky when it comes to phones. I have 3 which is more than I need. There are meant to be 3 new iPhones coming out this year and I tell myself that I don't need one but when the time comes will probably get one.

Do you use an old phone, getting by until the thing dies, or do you go for the latest, shiniest model?
I've had my LG/Google Nexus 5 for about five years and have had no real problems. The battery was becoming a little less efficient a couple of years ago and, although they are not replaceable, I ordered a replacement online and installed it.

It still works perfectly, but Marge insisted that I get a new one for my birthday: a Samsung Galaxy 8. I only agreed because it was available for £430 instead of originally priced at £600+

To be honest, it is better than the old phone in several respects, including a much better screen and better quality photographs. There are also several new features that I am still exploring, although I probably won't use most of them.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 03:07 PM

I try to stay fairly current, so I don't lose my tech savvy. I upgrade my Samsung about every 3-4 years. I don't overload it with apps, don't play games on it, and don't listen to music.

Probably only utilize 3% of what the phone can do, but I love Messenger, messages, and instant email notifications. Well, and OFF, of course.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top